Corsair Community

profile-switching hotkey without corsair keyboard?

Sweeet

Does anyone know of anyway, ghetto or easy to hotkey switch a profile without having a corsair keyboard? I'm looking hard for a way to get my RGB fans to change patterns with a hotkey.

EDIT: I noticed you can link a profile to a program, could I make a hotkey open a .bat that would just close itself after being opened? If so do you have any suggestions on making that work?

This is a feature that is oft requested (being able to change the profile from outside CUE) as it has many uses, this is just one example. It appears to have been done with the farcry integration, so I'm not clear yet on what the hold up is other than I am aware of many bugs they fixed in the recent version that were urgent and you have to prioritize.

So unfortunately not exactly. You can statically set them inside CUE though, if that works for you. Like if you open the icue application, select the profile and then it should not change.

Since you only have fans, the SDK would be an option, but without reinventing the wheel and the car you would be hamstrung or limited.

To be honest, I've never used a keyboard as good as a corsair's have been so if you can swing it, I would suggest trying one out, you probably will fall in love? That is not a fix, but an option. a sophisticated haxor could probably try attach a debugger to cue to figure out what happens exactly when you hit the profile switch and try to force it, but it is probably a million things with a couple thousand jmp codes and that doesn't seem like a good idea as it'll break next update and probably a EULA violation and generally not worth the time invested.

I had thought about your suggestion about opening a program to force the profile switch and have it be invisible, but I think you are going to run into problems because programs tend to capture input one way or another. So if you were in a game and wanted fan reactive lighting to match what was happening and you hit some batch bound hotkey, you'd get the program to open but even if it was to hide itself, once it did, you're likely to find Cue will know it is not what is in focus and decide to go to the default, or top most unspecified program in the tree at the left.

EDIT had a thought, untested, but your method might work if there was no default profile? Maybe it would stick with the last active one once the other was opened. I have not tested that as it is challenging in my current environment but I suspect it might fly.

Thanks for the reply, and honestly I'm fine with running into problems if I can make it work in the end. If you have any idea how to make that work please let me know. I found out so far only .exe's, not .bat's, work with the linking to switch profile on program launch.

Alright so it is not pretty but I sort of came up with a really bootleg fix. This would need a LOT of work for maintainability and reliability, and right now I have other AHK Scripts that stomp the return to original virtual desktop hotkey, so I would have to find a work around for that and this may not work if you are in games.

There might be a send message manner in which to do this without having focus or without activating the virtual desktop.

My solution is to create a new unused Virtual Desktop in Windows 10, maximize icue on that virtual desktop and run this autohotkey code which can certainly be hotkeyed:

ControlClick, x62 y244, iCUE
Sleep 80
Send ^#{Left}
ExitApp

That switches to the maximized icue window and clicks a specific location. You may need to expand the profile list first and then create separate locations to click for where the profile resides in the tree menu. Then it switches back to the previous virtual desktop on the left.

Not ideal, but I guess it works in a pinch.

For sort of Prep code, you can run this on boot in AHK, it works for me, but you will need to change the locations of the click events in accordance with your profile tree and if you have any folders, you want to expand them first. You could also.

This is a SLOW script but if you run it at boot, it shouldn't bother you after that aside from maybe a little bit of extra gpu and memory usage with the icue window open.

Run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\iCUE.exe"
Sleep 3000
Send #{Up}
Sleep 500
Click 62,116
Sleep 2000
;Click 102,436 ;this was a folder I wanted to expand you may need to do this more or in a different location, then subsequently you can click on individual profiles in the folder
Sleep 2000
Send #{Tab}
MouseMove 0,0
Sleep 200
Send +{F10}
Sleep 200
Send {Down}
Sleep 80
Send {Down}
Sleep 80
Send {Right}
Sleep 80