Corsair Community

Got my 1000D! Is there a manual?

gutcheck

The 1000D is much wider. There is only one design choice that I am really annoyed with... the side bezels on the fan trays... it prevents you to put some radiators directly attached to the piece.

For example, 2x480 from EK dont fit by only 4mm un each side... I needed to cut them off :(

The 1000D is much wider. There is only one design choice that I am really annoyed with... the side bezels on the fan trays... it prevents you to put some radiators directly attached to the piece.

For example, 2x480 from EK dont fit by only 4mm un each side... I needed to cut them off :(

That is the first time I have ever heard of someone have an issue with a rad being to wide. It usually is length and thickness of rad that has issues. Which EK series of rad do you have?

That is the first time I have ever heard of someone have an issue with a rad being to wide. It usually is length and thickness of rad that has issues. Which EK series of rad do you have?

EK 120 mm series has a fixed width of 130mm if I remember correctly. it is the 480 PE. Like I said, after cutting the edges, you can attach the radiators directly to the piece, instead of putting a fan between the radiator and the fan tray.

4x 480 is viable, but you need to be really careful with the radiator selection and... that you can't do push pull, which I didn't want to do anyway.

20180605_181951.jpg

Nice! What are those pumps you are using? Did you mount them to the hard drive cage? If so, what did you use? I am trying to figure that out right now....

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-140-revo-d5-pwm-incl-sl-pump

Those are D5 pumps with EK waterblock tops and reservoirs, those in the image, right one came sleeved from them, the other one is older, same spec, but at the time they didnt offer them sleeved (And I think that after sleeving 18 120 ML fans, the pump and all PSU cables, can be worth it... but is endless).To hold them to the reservoir mount (Metal plate that you can remove from the top of the HDD cage) you use something like this.

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-uni-holder-50-70

Probably you can buy something similar in ebay/amazon. Ek waterblocks is kinda cheap in europe.

You just made my day I have two of those exact res’s inbound. I was worried they wouldn’t fit. Is there any chance you can post a close up of your mounting work? I feared I’d have to attach one to the front rad.

You just made my day I have two of those exact res’s inbound. I was worried they wouldn’t fit. Is there any chance you can post a close up of your mounting work? I feared I’d have to attach one to the front rad.

I will do it after I finish work, but I needed to put the right pump closer to the mptherboard plate, while the other one is as far as you can put it from the mother board plate. Cable management is much easier that way.

I will take some photos later after I finish sleeving the gpu cables amd put some led (the glass is kinda dark compared to the one I custom made in my past 900D)

• 1 month later...
Found it! My god this thing is huge. My 900D looks like a baby brother.

Where did you find your manual? i have searched the entire box, opened and cleared the entire case out and nothing. The only instructional guide that came with it was the installation guide for the command pro.

Where did you find your manual? i have searched the entire box, opened and cleared the entire case out and nothing. The only instructional guide that came with it was the installation guide for the command pro.

Can confirm.. same with mine,, just the CoPro Manual...

• 2 weeks later...
There is no user manual inside the box and I could not find any on Internet too.

It was a very unpleasant "surprise" when buying a 500 euro case...

I am putting one together,, just waiting on my PSU so I can continue.

lots of pictures along with some case specific info in the below thread, lots more to come :)

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=180073

and below is my FAQ thread

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Archived