Corsair Community

Force Series Firmware 1.1a Testing

Heintz.G

Ok, I Installed firmware 1.1a 3 hours ago.

1. Firmeware didn't upgrade with AMDAHCI i had use MSAHCI then upgrade went smoothly.

2. Reboot did not report (SMART ERROR) on AMD chipset.

3. Temprature seems not to report correctly on 1.1a F-W check out pics.

4. Logged out for 1.5 hrs logged back in no BSOD good start.

Will report back tomorrow fingers crossed no BSOD overnight. :sunglasse

1021401532_F60F-W1.0.thumb.jpg.ddf5cc5e1668748b75cdd796005e67d6.jpg

2066919609_F60F-W1_1a.thumb.png.6d5d4425da66c7ad8c55289b2b0400f3.png

BUGGER,

I woke up to find pc had BSOD “0x000000A7: BAD_EXHANDLE”.

Which seems to point to a bugged device driver, so looks like a reinstall of windows might be in order.

Which program should i use G-Parted or Parted Magic to clean the drive.

BUGGER,

I woke up to find pc had BSOD “0x000000A7: BAD_EXHANDLE”.

Which seems to point to a bugged device driver, so looks like a reinstall of windows might be in order.

Which program should i use G-Parted or Parted Magic to clean the drive.

i used this program to erase:

http://www.dban.org/

and if you use the quick option it does it in under 10minutes

First thanks shalomyo for dban.

Here we go, finaly got around to flashing to 1.1a have had a reboot on fresh install.

Today was the best, no reboot or BSOD, but watched all the icons on the Desktop stop responding 1 at a time, (eg. no net, no sound so on) then wallpaper disapears, but still could use the mouse. I left it for 35 mins, the mouse was still working so i switched it off then on, low and behold the bios did recognise the ssd.

Still a bit of work to do on the firmware.

• Corsair Employee

The 1.1 Version seems to only solve the Smart issue with the force series so I would still suggest you disable Suspend to Ram and Hybrid suspend and set it to suspend to disk instead. Also if you still have trouble disable TRIM as well.

We are still working on a newer firmware that should address these issues. The Version 1.1 may or may not solve some of the other issue but we do not think it will solve every reported issue. In some cases we believe the issue to be MB or system BIOS related and are working with the Top MB makers on these aspects.

The 1.1 Version seems to only solve the Smart issue with the force series so I would still suggest you disable Suspend to Ram and Hybrid suspend and set it to suspend to disk instead. Also if you still have trouble disable TRIM as well.

how do i disable suspend to ram and hybrid suspend? and suspend to disk?

@ RAMGUY as i have a AMD chipset the smart error does not affect me as i understand it, it onle affects the intel chipset, (i may be wrong though)

As for susspend, my sytem =.

High performance = Active

Hard Disk turn off = never

Sleep = Never

Hybrid Sleep = Off

Hibernater = Never

AMD AHCI Trim is off

I have also tried msahci with trim on and off still i get MSBOD.

Speed is still very good but reliability of the SSD is still nonexistent.

My BRO has same mobo as mine but diffrerent brand ssd and no problems at all, hopefuly this bug will be fixed as soon as possible.

On a side note i put old sammy 1tb back in and not 1 BSOD.

Cheers Heintz G.

In my case it doesn't matter, i can be doing nothing or watching a movie or playing a game i still get a BOSD, the last time i was doing nothing and watched all my icons on the desktop disapear 1 at a time, was quite funny to see every thing disapear slowly.

In my case it doesn't matter, i can be doing nothing or watching a movie or playing a game i still get a BOSD, the last time i was doing nothing and watched all my icons on the desktop disapear 1 at a time, was quite funny to see every thing disapear slowly.

I know that you're only seeing this problem on the Force drive and not your other manufacturer's drive, but I just don't seem to think that you're having the same problem, unless the new firmware version introduced more problems.

From all the reports that I've seen, nobody has crashed while using the computer, only when the computer is idle. And almost all the reports are positive after TRIM is disabled as well as disabling sleep modes, etc.

Above all I haven't seen any reports about the desktop icons disappearing. I'm not saying the Force drive is not at fault, but we may be looking at another issue here.

While I did run my disk under linux, a server, (no trim, not sleep) I think it is the same issue we are all seeing (just circumstanses how the OS react to a lost disk at a given time), the real interesting thing is, what makes the difference in comparison with people having zero problem with this disk.

While I did run my disk under linux, a server, (no trim, not sleep) I think it is the same issue we are all seeing (just circumstanses how the OS react to a lost disk at a given time), the real interesting thing is, what makes the difference in comparison with people having zero problem with this disk.

I missed the part that you were on linux, good to know.

I know that you're only seeing this problem on the Force drive and not your other manufacturer's drive, but I just don't seem to think that you're having the same problem, unless the new firmware version introduced more problems.

From all the reports that I've seen, nobody has crashed while using the computer, only when the computer is idle. And almost all the reports are positive after TRIM is disabled as well as disabling sleep modes, etc.

Above all I haven't seen any reports about the desktop icons disappearing. I'm not saying the Force drive is not at fault, but we may be looking at another issue here.

Here you go,http://http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=88348 check my original thread.

• Corsair Employee

xsherlock,

At what point does the system crash, after its been idle for a time?? Please be specific?

I would tend to agree with Synbios in your case Heintz.G, have we tried replacing the drive, and is there a newer BIOS available for the MB you are using?

Originally Posted by Synbios View Post

Above all I haven't seen any reports about the desktop icons disappearing. I'm not saying the Force drive is not at fault, but we may be looking at another issue here

Archived