Corsair Community

Corsair X128 SSD

NS3131

I just tried to install a Corsair X128 ssd.

I tried to format it of my Macbook Pro penryn june 2008, with Mac O 10.6.1 on it, from an external case. The disk is not recognize via firewire, via usb, via both. This external case works well with a redular ard disk. I also tried on my mac mini with 10.5.7 on it, same result.

I reboot my computer with Windows XP, same result.

The led on my external case gets blue 3 seconds, then red, and, well, nothing happens.

Could you give me some advice?

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Ramguy,

I have received the replacement X128.

I plugged it into Safeway external drive, tried USD, tried firewire, same results as 1st one. This external drive works perfectly with Momentus 720rpm, 320go. Why not with Corsair??

Can these disk work with Macs? I now doubt it seriously.

What can I do now: replacement again? Try a P128 which seemed to work btter but slower (and cheaper!).

One more remark: what's the use of the tiny plug beside the 2 larger Sata plugs? any use whatsoever?

Pls answer quickly!

Rgds

Nicolas

NS3131 I would try to install the drive on another computer if you can - just to make sure it actually is the drive and not some incompatibility with your computer; I know that's not much help to you, but it would either eliminate the drive as being faulted or confirm that it is.

The extra tiny plug is for a jumper which is used for when you do a firmware update - if I've not got my wires crossed I believe this is no longer used.

Dear Ramguy,

after waiting 10mn the disk finally was recognised (USB only). I did reformat it "guide partition" and carbon copy my existing disk it.

I was able to restart from the disk.

Its improving BUT, if I unplug the disk, then plug it back it takes 5mn before computer recognize it and, it seems only from USB, not firewire.

If I want to start from the external disk while pressing the option key (this works perfectly with other disk), the system do not propose it for starting the computer.

10 smoth years of mac, 420usd for the high tech stuff, and I'm feeling like back to Windows crappy computer.

So I will not install the ssd in my computer until it works fine.

Man, its hard. Any solutions?

Pls reply soon,

Best regards,

Nicolas

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Ramguy,

still no news. Pls note that, so fr, I din't share my experience on other forums than here.

If I'm loosing 420 usd, be sure that that I'll spend hours on french, german, english speaking forums explaining what happened!

Archived