Corsair Community

Why SIV can report my H100i temp and CorsairLink can't?

ukunox

Dear Corsair,

Why the programm called SIV

http://rh-software.com/

can report my H100i temp and Corsair Link cant?

Before running SIV on a Windows 8.1 System i closed Corsair Link!

CorsairLink Version: 2.7.5361

Firmware: 1.07

SIV64X found that CorsairLink.exe is running and as it fails to use a Mutex to interlock access to the Corsair Link

hardware SIV64X cannot report it. Both SIV64X and Corsair Link Plus Plus use the Global\Access_CorsairLink Mutex

and can be safely active at the same time.

Please implement support for this Mutex.

Greetings

• 2 weeks later...

This is a pretty serious problem and Corsair needs to fix this ASAP as in today's world you cannot assume that there will only be one user/app quering the status of the HW.

Additionally, I'd like to say that I'm a bit disappointed with Corsair Link. The Corsair HW receives such great reviews but the Corsair Link SW is very much lacking and in need of "great repair". I had such high hopes and just recently purchased my first Corsair products, H100i and HX850i, solely based on the fact they included a management interface for controlling and monitoring the HW. Though after only using Corsair Link for ~4 hours, I'm very much disappointed in it's lack of functionality and quality.

I strongly believe Corsair needs to revisit their Corsair Link SW from a professional perspective as customers deserve much, much more from Corsair!

Archived