Corsair Community

H100i connect via Link to Commander - Not USB

mkelbie

I have just installed my corsair link kit with 2 cooling nodes, the AX1200i and my H100i. Initially nothing working using the latest software but managed to update the commander firmware and I thought everything was working but its not.

The H100i will only work if I connect it a USB port on my board?

Does the H100i not work via link connection like my other devices?

Anyone got any suggestions, I connected it via usb to update the firmware and set the lighting colour I want but I don't have the spare USB as its for my Hub and Commander so if anyone has a fix that would be great.

Thanks

Hey man - I tried initially running the h100i w/o the usb connected and as you can see on these forums its still very buggy. My solution was to pick up one of these and just leave the usb cable attached all the time. will probably save you a lot of heartache:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031ESKJA/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For some reason modern motherboards always seems to be short on usb connectors, especially for a gaming rig. Probably not the answer you're looking for but this will help.

Hey man - I tried initially running the h100i w/o the usb connected and as you can see on these forums its still very buggy. My solution was to pick up one of these and just leave the usb cable attached all the time. will probably save you a lot of heartache:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031ESKJA/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For some reason modern motherboards always seems to be short on usb connectors, especially for a gaming rig. Probably not the answer you're looking for but this will help.

I agree. Same problem, same solution. Works great.

If the H100i is on FW 1.05 there is a known detection issue when it's plugged into the Commander unit.

If your H100i is not detected even when plugged in via the included USB cable, try a mini USB B to type A cable and see if the SW detects the cooler.

My H100i, AX1200i, HDs, SSD, case fans and temp probes are all working fine plugged into the CL on the 2.3.4816 software. It did take moving the USB cable to a number of MB ports before it would see everything. This, IMO, should be a top priority in the FIX department.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
The Link commander should be able to detect the H100i as long as it is version F/W Ver. 1.04 or newer and you cannot have the USB Cable connected to the Cooler that you have to connect to use the USB Dongle.

The Link commander should be able to detect the H100i as long as it is version F/W Ver. 1.04 or newer and you cannot have the USB Cable connected to the Cooler that you have to connect to sue the USB Dongle.

ye, and this doesn't work. My H100i is on 1.05. Commander on 2.0.6, newest software. Commander only sees the lighting and cooling nodes no matter how many times I switch USB header. :(:

• 2 weeks later...

Setting up a new rig and have both H100i & AX1200i. The connections set-up instructions/procedure (either manual) are confusing to say the least when in combination, I have successfully installed Corsair link 2, for the second time, trying to alleviate what seems to be a conflict btwn the AX1200i's usb & the H100i's usb connections, both taking up a usb port (that's 2 ports {3/4 & 5/6}) on my asus p8z77-v which has more than enough= 7 usb.

The CorsairLINK-2 app shows all connected devices but, continually the H100iLED erratically changes its settings and has to be played with to bring it back to proper temp settings these often freeze at 100⁰max, then mysteriously it will fix for a short period, before reassigning new groupings? The AX1200i, connection "unknown" its fan at default remains off the psu gets above 120⁰ until I take it off default to 60%/~1100rpm. Note: the AX1200i connect to dongle & to usb shows green w/yellow about every 15-30 secs.

I'm probably missing the clarification somewhere here? -or- It would be well for a graphic or video showing the proper wiring when both Corsair items are being set-up. Did someone say wireless cooler, don't connect the usb, huh?

CPU-i3770k, 32gb mem (Corsair 18600), Win 7 sp-1 x64, sli-680. help before I take this AX1200i back to Fry's... ??

• Corsair Employee
  • 2 weeks later...
Im having the same problem. The h100i works perfectly when connected to the USB header on my motherboard. Corsair Link 2 see's it/controls it no problem as long as it is connected via usb, but if I remove the usb and connect directly to the Commander it cannot be controlled. Its obviously still pumping, my cpu is idling right around 25c, but I cant monitor/control it at all. I understand the solution will probably be "Just keep the pump plugged into a usb header!" and thats great and all, but thats just more cabling that I have to manage and try to make disappear inside my case. Is there anything I can do to make it work the way it should without the usb plugged in?

Same here :

Corsair Link SW 2.2.0 + H100i V1.0.5 on commander unit = H100i not detected (and in the firmware updater, I have an "Unidentified node" where the H100i is plugged)

Corsair Link SW 2.3.4816 + H100i v1.0.5 on commander unit = H100i not detected neither

(but this time, instead of "Unidentified node" in the firmware updater, I have "no node present" where the H100i is plugged)

H100i v1.0.5 + USB cable = no problem

That's really frustrating how there is always something that doesn't work as intended with this software/product...

For me it has nothing to do with limited USB ports, its just yet another cable that I have to try and hide within my case. The Corsair Link cable is easy enough, but a big USB plug/cable running down the middle of the MOBO is a little tough to hide..

I just want the product to work the way it should, there shouldnt be a need for the USB cable in the first place.

We are looking into this and it will be resolved with a future release of the software. In the mean time there are a few work around you can use like what was suggested previously in this post and or using an internal 4-Port USB hub like this one from NZXT

I really like mine. Best thing is that I can hide the usb cables from the link devices. In my case, I have a compartment under the drives and it all fit nicely there (out of sight). :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

I have the exact same problem. Please let me know when there is a firmware release to fix this problem. I cant see the H100i via the corsair cable and have to plub it directly into a USB 2 header

I want to get rid of the fat USB Cable and use the Corsair Link cable and free up a USB Header..

Cheers

Gary

Archived