Corsair Community

Case Fan Controller on Link Commander

Kl2amer

Still no response as to what the "Case Fan Controller" port is? Figured someone from Corsair might respond...

Also, if the feedback helps, the Hard Drive temps are not being updated, only being read when the program opens (lowest value after boot).

I just got off the phone with RAM GUY.

After giving him a piece of my mind regarding the lack of support from Corsair on this product, he told me that the two pin fan controller on the link commander is to connect to a Cosair case that has a fan contoller built in (with a dial). Frankie70 wins the prize for an accurate guess.

BUT the cable is not available yet. NOR are there any nodes or fan extenstions available. He says they MAY be available in a few weeks.

Don't anyone hold their breath.

• Corsair Employee

randolla,

Thank you for taking the time to post what was talked about when you called in.

And we are sorry for the delay to all. More information will be posted when it is available.

For now the on line guide can answer a lot of questions you may have.

This is the English version, it is available in other languages on the Product Page under down loads. I would suggest using Firefox or Chrome to down load these guides.

I was just typing that. It certainly seems we are beta testing in the wild here (no example needed, but how does temp sensors reporting in reverse get missed before release?). If so we should probably have a thread for the issues. One for software, one for hardware. The concept is great, the potential tremendous, but right now it seems Corsair might be getting bigger than their infrastructure can support. Just takes one poorly done product to damage the reputation of a ton of solid products.

And I hope I don't have to pay extra for a cable to connect my Link kit to my 500R. just saying.

• Corsair Employee

randolla

The full manual is in the works sorry that it was not more detailed for you.

Kl2amer,

I am sorry I do not have an answer for you at this time but I would expect the cable to be included in the kit. And if not it should be available through the support system, as far as a cost to you I would suggest taking that up with our customer service when it is available.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I just registered to say... "5 months on?". :bigeyes:

Installed the Link Commander this morning and it only controls the speed of the (Corsair) CPU Fan.

All I need to know is how many and what colour cables does a case fan need to have the fan speed controlled?

Extract from the Corsair Website:

"Corsair Link kits include fan controllers that work with virtually any standard PC case fan...". It would be nice if I could find (ANYWHERE) some sort of documentation that would point owners towards buying the 'right kind' of case fans.

Oh, hello everyone (that doesn't include members from Corsair) !!! :biggrin:

• Corsair Employee

bikerchris,

Please be more specific about what fans will or will not work. And the fans you connect to the cooling node will have to support Variable speed some case fans do not.

And please post a screen shot from the Devices Page in Corsair Link like in this example

attachment.php?attachmentid=11397&stc=1&d=1348778972

And Hello to everyone including bikerchris,

Deviceoptions.PNG.6391a3c367b8ef4e1de53147a017662d.PNG

RamGuy,

I think before you attempt to assist me, you should answer the original questions in this post. The manual is next to useless with regard to technical information concerning fan requirements, it is this point that was made a good while ago and you (a representative of Corsair) have failed to answer this basic question.

Please contact those Corsair employees that will know this information and kindly respond to this thread with it.

Just received this from Corsair's Tech Support:

With the latest Beta version of Link 2, you can use any 3-pin (Not PWM) fan to work with the Corsair Cooling Node which connects to the Commander. We have done extensive testing moreso though with our own brand of fans than third party fans.

This is the information I was looking for and should have been posted on this thread a good while ago.

Archived