Corsair Community

CUE conflict Mass Effect Andromeda

Perius

For some reason you will get a black screen when trying to start the game with cue installed. You have to uninstall and reboot to start the game.

The game is still in trial, but this needs fixing asap.

Tried the two latest cue versions and they both crash the game.

I do not know if it is the game or cue that is the problem, but you need to contact EA/Bioware and figure it out.

I use CUE for my audio with the void headset so i can not have it uninstalled, need surround in other games.

• Corsair Employee

Hello,

We are aware of the issue and we are working on a fix. The only solution we have at the moment is to currently stop CUE or uninstall CUE from running until a fix is rolled out. We do apologize for the inconvenience, but rest assure that our team is working on a fix.

Hello,

We are aware of the issue and we are working on a fix. The only solution we have at the moment is to currently uninstall CUE until a fix is rolled out. We do apologize for the inconvenience, but rest assure that our team is working on a fix.

Hi, Corsair Henry, I found out there is another way to play the game, one which does not require to uninstall the software.

I prevent CUE from launching at Windows start, by ctrl+alt+del then task manager then on Startup menu, i deactivate CUE, then restart the computer, therefore software drivers doesn't launch when Windows starts, and i can still play the game.

That " alternate " way allows users to avoid losing datas and profiles they created on the software, in the wait of an hopefully very soon fix.

Hi, Corsair Henry, I found out there is another way to play the game, one which does not require to uninstall the software.

I prevent CUE from launching at Windows start, by ctrl+alt+del then task manager then on Startup menu, i deactivate CUE, then restart the computer, therefore software drivers doesn't launch when Windows starts, and i can still play the game.

That " alternate " way allows users to avoid losing datas and profiles they created on the software, in the wait of an hopefully very soon fix.

You're absolutely right! You wouldn't happen to be DralaFiZero on the EA forums would you? He just posted the same thing.

Tested out myself, does work.

• Corsair Employee

Thanks for the alternative suggestion!

You're absolutely right! You wouldn't happen to be DralaFiZero on the EA forums would you? He just posted the same thing.

Tested out myself, does work.

No, i'm not on their forums for now, but since we were many players waiting for the game, i'm not surprised i'm not the only one trying to not delete my CUE profiles :P

Thanks for the alternative suggest!

Glad it helps other people, this game is very damn good, would be a shame they get pissed off of uninstalling when deactivate does the trick too :)

Hi,

I don't know if this is relevant.. but thinking I'm smarter than the issue, I loaded ME:A and re-installed CUE with ME:A open. Played fine but my UPS battery back-up beeped a high pitched brief tone twice about 5 minutes a part until I exited the game. My wife's PC also has a UPS and didn't beep, so it wasn't my power.

Hi,

I don't know if this is relevant.. but thinking I'm smarter than the issue, I loaded ME:A and re-installed CUE with ME:A open. Played fine but my UPS battery back-up beeped a high pitched brief tone twice about 5 minutes a part until I exited the game. My wife's PC also has a UPS and didn't beep, so it wasn't my power.

Thank you, you are a genius :)

I removed cue from startup and made a shortcut on the taskbar.

So now i just start cue AFTER i started the game, and get full surround :) And i only need to reboot every time i need to start up the game again.

Update: EA has found and fixed the issue on their end and will deploy it on the next scheduled update. Thank you for your patience!

Thanks for the situation update !

Does this mean the problem will be solved when they release the next update for the game or will we need to have a fix update for CUE too ?

Update: EA has found and fixed the issue on their end and will deploy it on the next scheduled update. Thank you for your patience!

Did they give you guys an ETA on the next scheduled update? I would assume it's coming on launch day, but confirmation would be lovely if you're able to give it.

How does this even happen? Why would a game screw up my keyboard software?

Most likely, ME does a scan of your system's hardware at launch to determine quality settings and how to display and things like that, and something in the CUE's low-level interface blocks ME from getting the keyboard data. Then ME doesn't handle that error gracefully, likely due to a QA oversight more than anything else, and the game just gets stuck at that point, waiting for the keyboard data that will never come.

Workaround until it get patched;

1. Start your task manger and select startup. Find "Corsair Utility Engine" on the list, click it and press disable in the lower right corner.

2. Restart your pc.

3. Make a shortcut to cue.exe and place it on your desktop/start menu/taskbar

(this is usually located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\CUE.exe")

4. Start the game from origin.

5. Start cue.exe AFTER the game has started. (alt -tab out and press the shortcut you made. Now your headset have surround, your keyboard lights up etc.)

Just remember to press the cue.exe after every restart if you are not playing the game until the patch is here.

Need to restart the pc if you wan't to start the game again.

When this is all fixed, go to task manager and enable autostart again.

Thanks for the situation update !

Does this mean the problem will be solved when they release the next update for the game or will we need to have a fix update for CUE too ?

You shouldn't have to update CUE. Its a bug with the game its self.

Did they give you guys an ETA on the next scheduled update? I would assume it's coming on launch day, but confirmation would be lovely if you're able to give it.

There is no update to CUE for this issue. Its a problem with the game's code. You will need to wait on EA to release their next patch.

How does this even happen? Why would a game screw up my keyboard software?

Ask EA

Workaround until it get patched;

1. Start your task manger and select startup. Find "Corsair Utility Engine" on the list, click it and press disable in the lower right corner.

2. Restart your pc.

3. Make a shortcut to cue.exe and place it on your desktop/start menu/taskbar

(this is usually located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\CUE.exe")

4. Start the game from origin.

5. Start cue.exe AFTER the game has started. (alt -tab out and press the shortcut you made. Now your headset have surround, your keyboard lights up etc.)

Just remember to press the cue.exe after every restart if you are not playing the game until the patch is here.

Need to restart the pc if you wan't to start the game again.

When this is all fixed, go to task manager and enable autostart again.

you can just disable CUE start up on window boot through CUE. Its under the general settings.

There is no update to CUE for this issue. Its a problem with the game's code. You will need to wait on EA to release their next patch.

I am aware. My question was if EA gave them an ETA on the update to the game that fixes this issue. I'd have asked EA, but I don't know the relevant channels and it seemed moderately likely that Bioware would have given the Corsair guys a heads up on at least a rough date for it to give to their customers in turn.

It ain't a big deal if not, I was just wondering if they had and if so, what it was.

I am aware. My question was if EA gave them an ETA on the update to the game that fixes this issue. I'd have asked EA, but I don't know the relevant channels and it seemed moderately likely that Bioware would have given the Corsair guys a heads up on at least a rough date for it to give to their customers in turn.

It ain't a big deal if not, I was just wondering if they had and if so, what it was.

Not that I'm aware of. It's EA, their not the most talkative company. It should be fixed before the actual launch of the game. "should" but again its EA

An update just got released, it's about 288mb to 500mb depending on people. I'll try to see if it works and if it works i'll edit my message.

Edit : Even worse, now game doesn't even wanna launch. It's written the thing with pairing with the cloud and then... at first it was indicating license not valid 0x0003 then after repairing DirectX and VCredistr i don't have license not valid anymore but game still doesn't launch anymore. Great. -_-

Edit 2 : YEAH ! Got it working. I got into the game folder, then right click on MassEffectAndromedaTrial and i checked the " Always open as administrator ". And when i try to run now it does work. Maybe they fixed some permission things in order to not conflit with Corsair Utility Engine, and in some cases might lead to uncapacity to launch due to not enough permissions. Now it does work.

And it does work WITH CUE ACTIVATED =)

An update just got released, it's about 288mb to 500mb depending on people. I'll try to see if it works and if it works i'll edit my message.

Edit : Even worse, now game doesn't even wanna launch. It's written the thing with pairing with the cloud and then... at first it was indicating license not valid 0x0003 then after repairing DirectX and VCredistr i don't have license not valid anymore but game still doesn't launch anymore. Great. -_-

Edit 2 : YEAH ! Got it working. I got into the game folder, then right click on MassEffectAndromedaTrial and i checked the " Always open as administrator ". And when i try to run now it does work. Maybe they fixed some permission things in order to not conflit with Corsair Utility Engine, and in some cases might lead to uncapacity to launch due to not enough permissions. Now it does work.

And it does work WITH CUE ACTIVATED =)

99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs!

You take one out fix it around, 101 little bugs in the code!

Archived