Corsair Community

New Scimitar Pro Mouse - need help understanding profiles and games...

gleep52

So I setup a profile and my own lighting scheme - it's awesome. All the buttons really make things nice - so I made another profile to launch when I started Diablo 3... I map all my buttons to my keyboard shortcuts that I use, set the lighting to pulse a glowy red, etc. Fun stuff - then I linked the profile to a program and picked both Diablo 3 and Diablo 3 launcher - both times when I launch my lighting turns all red and there are SOME keys that are mapped, but not how I mapped them... it's as if it's pulling from some other profile I don't have created? Is there a list of prefab profiles that exist somewhere for games? Is this hidden profile editable, or overwrite-able with my own custom profiles?

I watched a lot of videos, and found some guides for 2.x, but sadly, this is my only corsair product (have a laptop) so far and I'm just trying to learn how to use it solely for the mouse right now...

I don’t have it but diablo 3 is one of the games with sdk integration with cue. So you can disable the integration inside cue by unticking enable sdk in the settings or it is probably in the game options under 3rd party. Then you can probably use a linked profile. The profile you are seeing is something the game developer came up with as I understand it

disable the integration inside cue by unticking enable sdk in the settings or it is probably in the game options under 3rd party.

Can you tell me more about the "game options under 3rd party"? I'll disable the SDK, but curious about what you meant with the "in the game options under 3rd party" comment...

Archived