Corsair Community

Scimitar Pro resets after holding mouse button 4 (profile switch)

eshplode

Just got a Scimitar Pro and I'm liking it for the most part except for the fact that it seems to wipe its internal memory after pressing and holding mouse button 4 (the profile switch button by default) for a few seconds. I'm used to using this as my push-to-talk key for any sort of voice chat, so is this intended and if so, is there any way to disable it?

I never experienced anything like this with mine. I do know that holding both left/right buttons (while you plug in the mouse) will reset the onboard memory/profiles but that's it.

Try submitting a ticket and see what they say, it might be an hardware issue.

• 4 months later...

Same problem here. Needs to be removed or change it to a multi button press method. Who ever though a one button reset function was a good idea wasn't really thinking it through. And it was stated the fix was in 2.15 but that's not true. Sounds like it needs to be changed in the mouse firmware.

I have already decided that if they don't say anything in a couple days i'm sending mine back to amazon with a review of the issue so others can be properly forewarned.

Was hoping to avoid going back to Razor but they may be the case.

I've confirmed with our developers that an upcoming FW update will be implemented where this will not reset profiles while CUE is running. When CUE is not running, the behavior remains.

Any word on when this update will be released? I use the middle mouse button for my push-to-talk as well, and this has to be one of the most frustrating "features". =P

I've confirmed with our developers that an upcoming FW update will be implemented where this will not reset profiles while CUE is running. When CUE is not running, the behavior remains.

i logged in to say this is the stupidest "feature" i have ever seen on a mouse, or any piece of hardware

When CUE is not running, the behavior remains.

it shouldn't remain even if CUE is not running, the notion that this isn't the case IN THE FIRST PLACE is insanity

also whose idea was it to lock the hardware profile mouse 4 rebinding (unless you edit the xml), the level of sheer ineptitude behind this CUE software is incredible, i want one hardware profile running at one dpi and one set of binds, apparently that's too complex for CUE

if you want to hard reset profiles on a device, you put a pinhole button on the bottom of the mouse

i just checked the bottom of the mouse and theres already a pinhole there, I REALLY HOPE THAT ISN'T WHAT I THINK IT IS

While it is nice to hear that this is being sort of fixed, I have to agree that a single button to reset a device is a rookie mistake at best. A combination of buttons is the common practice in device design to prevent this very problem. The current stated upcoming solution is a band-aid at best and was supposed to already be part of the current firmware. It seems to me Corsair needs to get some more seasoned project oversight.

P.S. I buy a lot of Corsair products and speak highly of their products. I'm not here to be an ***, but as a consumer who votes for the success of this company with his dollars. I feel it is imperative to hold Corsair to task, otherwise, the quality and standard that has drawn many of us here will continue to erode over time as profit over substance increasingly rules the day.

I'd like to add that holding both left and right click while plugging in the mouse accomplishes what appears to be the same result.

If these methods are indeed accomplishing the same result, I would advise removing the function in question from mouse button 4 entirely (while leaving the alternative reset method I just mentioned untouched) instead of changing its behavior, activation conditions, associated key, or anything else. I'd recommend this course of action instead of implementing a less severe change because, firstly, the function would be redundant without benefit. Second, the activation method itself is a significant barrier to full utilization of the mouse. Third, the key occupied is in a unique position to be used for secondary click-and-hold actions (like push-to-talk or while-pressed macros) without interfering with common default and custom keybinds utilized in many types of games, especially in MMORPGs (which, as I understand it, is the primary target audience for the device).

Thank you for your consideration. I hope I've been able to provide useful feedback to your team as I've been putting the device through its paces daily since I first purchased it over a month ago.

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know if this issue is solved yet, My mouse arrived a couple fo days ago and Im having the same problem. Ii use my 'switch profile' button for push to talk but after 5 seconds of holding it down it resets itself. My push to talk still works but it changes profiles every time i press it and mucks up my dpi.

• 2 months later...

Because they don't care anymore. I have to admit I have lost faith in this company. I own a lot of their stuff and used to swear by the Corsair name, but these days not so much.

This issue should have been resolved by now. I currently use button 5 for push to talk on Discord seeing as I can not use button 4 for anything. Sad thing is I've had this mouse only since August and the button is already beginning to stick in the down position from time to time. Won't be long before it will no longer work at all.

Anyway don't expect a fix.

• 1 month later...
7 months since the statement of a confirmed FW fix for this and still nothing. Seriously guys this is sad for a high priced mouse.

Seriously. At least my hardware is fine, but for $90US on just the mouse I would've expected the software to give me fewer issues.

Seriously. At least my hardware is fine, but for $90US on just the mouse I would've expected the software to give me fewer issues.

Yep, I was gifted a K55 Keyboard/M65 Pro mouse in December and in my ~25 years of computing, I have never had so many issues with a USB device. Mainly the keyboard. I can't have the keyboard plugged into my system (ANY port, tried them all, even bought a powered hub, still no luck) and use a USB joystick/gamepad at the same time, it just locks up whatever program/game is querying it UNTIL I unplug the keyboard, then it springs to life. That is patently ludicrous, and have never seen something like that with ANY other keyboard I've owned. disabling the HID drivers and uninstalling CUE fixed it, but then I lose all extra functionality/customization. At least the keyboard/mouse still have a nice feel, but losing the customization is unfortunate.

I have tried updating my USB chipset drivers, Windows, moving the controller and keyboard to different ports on the computer, nothing worked. And of course their only "advice" is the boilerplate "re-install software, reset firmware" etc. (those didn't work either). They also hilariously keep insisting that this is an issue that is isolated to Steam, and it's all Valve's fault, despite this occurring even when Steam is closed. It's definitely their drivers/firmware, but they won't admit it. They well and truly don't give a ****, and in the future when this keyboard/mouse stop functioning I won't be buying another Corsair peripheral (or indeed, likely ANY of their products.) Absolutely shameful support.

• Corsair Employee
7 months since the statement of a confirmed FW fix for this and still nothing. Seriously guys this is sad for a high priced mouse.

We haven't forgotten about the firmware update. It is still undergoing testing and validation for future integration. As soon as it is available, we will provide updates.

• 1 month later...
We haven't forgotten about the firmware update. It is still undergoing testing and validation for future integration. As soon as it is available, we will provide updates.

i would like to point out that this is still an issue and would very much like this functionality to be disabled or completely removed

• 1 month later...

Is there any estimation when the firmware update will be released?

Today I got an update to iCUE 3.4.95 but it still tells me my cimitar Pro RGB is running the newest FW (version 1.10). I have this mouse since the day it was available in Germany and never got any updates to the firmware...

Is there any way to modify the firmware myself? It seems Corsairs support is non existing for this mouse... I only bought it because it had that many keys on its side and onboard memory for the keybindings. And now I am stuck with neither functioning without iCUE

• 2 weeks later...

It's almost been a year. You guys figure it out how to disable this "feature" yet? Or should I check back in 2019???

Archived