Corsair Community

Diffrences with the old k70 rgb and k70 lux/k70 v2

Nexxus88

I currently have a tramp stamp k70 with mx blues.

I got it at launch and sadly my A key has gotten into the habit of repeat activation, so im thinking of replacing it.

What changes are there with the Lux/V2 that I should be aware of if I got the k70 route again. I haven't kept up with what corsairs board upgrades have been. Also is there any way to get the board with the PBT keycaps by default? I want em but I can't lie I don't wanna spend more money on top of what I am already spending if this can be avoided.

• Corsair Employee

Hey,

The difference between the MK.2 keyboards has a lighted Corsair logo, a larger wrist rest and the X panel on the bottom for cable routing. It also has hardware playback so you can store 3 different profiles if you plan to use the keyboard on a different system without iCUE installed. The SE model with a silver aluminum housing comes with white PBT keycaps and CHERRY MX Speed switches.

You can probably find a K70 LUX at a reduced price right now, but as the owner of K70 LUX rapidfire with PBT caps, the new MK.2 ticks a lot of boxes in terms of positive improvement. If it had existed before now, I probably would not have two K95 Platinum boards. If you want Blues again, better grab it while you can. Those can be hard to obtain down the road.

Archived