Corsair Community

H80i Problem

greekeagle12

Hi, i started to have high temps with my h80i last year so i got it to the service of the shop that i had bought it to test it.

They had said that they tested and found it fine.

As i had allready placed an air cooler in my pc that i use for my work, i left it in the box.

Yesterday, after 1 year, i decided to put it into the pc but unfortunatelly i can not make it work.

(My experience in building pc is above medium.

I am 44 y.o and i work with pc's from 1996)

I reinstalled it almost 15 times. With washers, without washers, diferent orientation, in the case, outside the case, cleared cmos, etc.

Sometimes the led was white and then green.

Sometimes the led was blinking white and blue.

The temp was going soon to 100c and the pc shut off. (in idle and even monitoring inside the bios temp)

Sometimes a noise was coming i think from the pump or the rad like a rattling snake.

One of the rubber tube was extremely hot and the other normal.

I allready package it to take it once more to the service of the shop and i hope this time not to turn me crazy that the cooler is working fine.

But i would like to ask if there is any solution before i take it back?

Something that i missed? Or is a faulty unit?

Thank you

On the surface is seems like there is no coolant flow in the H80i.

Is this a H80i?

51cYiy5wGzL._SX425_.jpg

Or a H80i v2/GT?

611mD-4DqYL._SX425_.jpg

This makes a difference for powering the pump. The v2 needs a constant 12v supply, so make sure BIOS control for that header is set appropriately. The original H80i should have a SATA power source. On that one, if you have lights and fan power, it is save to assume it's working. Did you see any kind of pump speed reading in the BIOS or desktop before it shutdown?

Chances are you have some kind of blockage. Zero flow will generally take you to shutdown in less than a minute. A blockage might take quite a bit longer to reach that point, unless it is very complete.

Its the first. H80i. Pump speed in BIOS was aprox 2000+ if i remember well. Sometimes was shut down less than a minute and some more. As for the temps... u should see starting at 65c in BIOS and rising 0,5 every 1-2 seconds till going near 100c.

Near certain blockage. Unfortunately, there is no user fix for this. If you are still within the 5 year warranty period and have a purchase invoice, you can file a RMA request with Corsair.

You might be able to temporarily dislodge it by shaking the pump head end, but this is at beast a temporary measure and the blockage material will still be in the loop.

Near certain blockage. Unfortunately, there is no user fix for this. If you are still within the 5 year warranty period and have a purchase invoice, you can file a RMA request with Corsair.

You might be able to temporarily dislodge it by shaking the pump head end, but this is at beast a temporary measure and the blockage material will still be in the loop.

Τhank you c-attack.

So there is not any solution that i can do.

Yes it is still on warranty and I am gonna take it back to the service dpt of the shop that i bought it.

If i dont get any good response from them i am gonna try to communicate with the corsair team in this forum.

Untill now i have to say that i am sattisfied with the policy of Corsair thats why i am a customer of them.

(psu, ram, cooler)

Hopefully you can get it resolved with the local vendor. That is usually quickest. If not, use the Support Ticket System at the top of the page to go to the direct Corsair service representatives. You will need to describe the issue. Emphasize that slow tick up in CPU temp in combination with an affirmative pump speed. That is the hallmark of a blockage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived