Corsair Community

Corsair Vengence 2100 wireless headset prob

Qwikswitch

Need help with this brand new headset I'd purchased 2 days ago.

First off I have specs around here somewheres that my PC is mostly Corsair gear. Corsair makes good stuff, so I wanted to try out their Headset.

My problem is that I can not get them to work. The light for the USB plugin is solid green, so that tells me it is fully charged. The power button on the side is blinking blue, so it is on. But nothing comes through the headset speakers. IE youtube vids, Twitch live streams, Music, game audios etc.

I download the driver software for the headset; this one CorsairHeadsetSetupRelease2026.zip

The icon in the task bar pops up on a restart after the zip download, and when I double click that icon to try and run the control panel nothing opens AT ALL. Not sure what to do? I feel I need this to open to set my NEW headset up, and it does not want to open?

Right click the corsair icon on the notifications tray, are the entries greyed out?

If yes, have you tried replugging the dongle and a different USB port?

Open Device Manager and see if the headset is correctly detected without errors.

If the headset is detected in Windows with no errors, open up playback devices by right clicking the speaker icon>playback devices and confirm the headset is the default audio device.

Like I said when I right click the icon I can't get in the control panel, nothing happens. When I turn the headset on I get that beep sound like windows detected it, but NOTHING shows up in the Device Manager. Nothing in the device manager, and nothing in the sound setup. The port is the same port my old headset used. Before I uninstalled THE OLD headset software, my OLD headset worked fine. Problem was the speaker mount on the old headset broke off, the only thing holding the speaker up was the wire, and it still worked, so it most likely is not the USB port. I get the windows detection beep upon turning the headset on and off, even when the headset is on, right clicking the icon in the tray nothing happens, and also when on, nothing shows up in the device manager.

Edit; Hold up. I came up with a breakthrough. I did not have the frequency cable plugged in I had the other one plugged in. Now the icon opens. Gonna tweak my headset to see if I can get it to work.... Crosses fingers...

Re-Edit: Ok I got it working. Thankfully. I had to pair the frequency cable with my headset first with the paperclip. I also had to go into my sound device and make it default. But now I do not have the option to either use my speakers or my headset, like I did before. I figured if I turned the headset off my speakers would turn on, but that is not the case.

In order for me to use either or I have to go back in the sound device and re-set which ever one back to default. A-bit annoying but at least I know my headset works now.

• 3 years later...
  • Corsair Employee
Re-Edit: Ok I got it working. Thankfully. I had to pair the frequency cable with my headset first with the paperclip. I also had to go into my sound device and make it default. But now I do not have the option to either use my speakers or my headset, like I did before. I figured if I turned the headset off my speakers would turn on, but that is not the case.

In order for me to use either or I have to go back in the sound device and re-set which ever one back to default. A-bit annoying but at least I know my headset works now.

Sorry about that, that's a Windows thing, it needs to recognize a default and only sticks to one until you force switch it.

Archived