Corsair Community

iCUE Software Crashed My System For No Apparent Reason.

Tommygunn

I downloaded and ran the iCUE software last night in preparation for the delivery of my K70 RGB keyboard, which is arriving today.

Everything was going well and I completed the few basic intro options, e.g. language, left it at that and went back to what I was doing without venturing further.

Some minutes later, bam, monitor gives me a black screen and the 'no signal' box pops up and the keyboard and mouse are non responsive.

From looking at the computer, you'd think it was fine, LED's on, fans spinning, the same as a few minutes ago before the 'no signal'.

So, to rectify the issue I attempt to use the Reset button - it is non responsive!

I then try the power button, holding it down and, it too, is non responsive.

I have to physically cut the power at the PSU, switch back on and reboot.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Cheers,

Tom.

That sounds like a system freeze. While there is not nearly enough information to accurately pinpoint what happened, freezes are more often a memory issue. You may be able to look at your Windows Event Viewer and see if it registered the crash (not always with a memory freeze), but it might have tagged a faulting application if there was one. A sign would a string of errors from one source in the moment leading up to the crash. However, as a one time event, there isn't a lot of reason to be concerned. Repeated instances are another matter.

C-attack,

I received the keyboard and thought I'd give ICue another go. Unfortunately, the problem resurfaced again, twice, even though I had not purposely gone into it but it was running in the background from boot up.

I did take some screen shots of the Event Viewer after the second event, but I don't know what I'm looking at or if I screen grabbed the relevant information.

Can you steer me in the right direction?

Cheers,

Tom.

Administrative Events:

Administrative-Events-1.jpg

Summary Page Events:

Summary-Page-Events-2.jpg

Archived