Corsair Community

My AiO cooler is having issues and I’m not sure what to do

koko0129

I just recently purchased a Corsair H100i v2 AiO Liquid cooler off of Amazon. This is for my first PC build. I had the help of an experienced PC builder and we built it together. After a successful building day, I loaded into the BIOS to check all the temperatures before starting only to see that the CPU temps shot up to 88 degrees Celsius within 3 minutes. I’m not sure if there’s a problem with the radiator or if the liquid is even moving at all. Can someone please tell me how to identify the issue? Also, will Amazon take this back if it is a defective product?

How do i check the fan header?

What fan header is it installed on? If installed according to the Corsair instructions, it would be on the CPU_FAN header. It'll look like a fan connector and it'll be connected to the pump - not what the coolers are plugged in to. It has 3 wires and 3 pins.

IF it is plugged into the CPU_FAN header, go into the BIOS and disable Q-Fan Control on that header. You'll need to go into Advanced mode on the BIOS to do that.

• Corsair Employee

The hydro coolers are complex devices, but testing for them is very simple. No worries, it is very unlikely your CPU will burn out during such testing. Please try the suggestions below.

1: Try removing the cooler’s power cable (it will either be a fan’s cable or SATA cable connected to the motherboard) and moving it over to another fan port on the motherboard. It is possible that the header or SATA cable you were using was faulty and causing the issue.

2: Try checking your BIOS settings to see if they are running the cooler at its optimum settings. ASUS motherboards, for example, will have a setting called QFanControl. This setting is used to lower fan speed on certain headers to make them quieter. On a Hydro Cooler, this may make the unit unable to circulate liquid. Because of this, the setting should be disabled. Regardless of the name of the setting, you want to set the header the cooler is connected to to the MAXIMUM or fastest setting possible. You can control the fans on the cooler through Corsair Link.

If neither of the solutions above correct the issue, please upload a copy of your receipt from the purchase of the cooler so that we may prepare a replacement of it.

Archived