Specs:

i5 4670k

GTX 970

H100i

MSI Z87

16 GB GSkill RAM

PC Power and Cooling 750w PSU

Here's what Corsair Link is showing: https://i.imgur.com/Nho9JVI.png

Seems the pump is running, one hose is warm and one is cooler. I can't hear the pump like some people said but I can't ever remember hearing the pump.

There is no dust in the fans/radiator and I've reapplied thermal paste and reseated the pump/heatsink.

Stress test in Prime95 immediately shoots the temps up to 100c and shows throttling in HWinfo.

Not sure where to go from here, I've heard liquid in the system shouldn't need to be replaced but I have also read that it can evaporate over time if there is a small leak.

Also, the room I'm in isn't that warm... maybe in the high 60's low 70's Fahrenheit.

Any help is appreciated.

Your coolant temp is sky high (H100i Temp). Fans and pump are running, so this would suggest the pump is clogged or blocked in some way. Unfortunately there isn’t anything you can do and the unit needs to be replaced. You might be able to buy some momentary improvements by shaking the unit, tapping the hoses or pump head, or tilting the case. It won’t make the offending debris go away, but it may move to a less troublesome spot.

Your coolant temp is sky high (H100i Temp). Fans and pump are running, so this would suggest the pump is clean clogged or blocked in some way. Unfortunately there isn’t anything you can do and the unit needs to be replaced. You might be able to buy some momentary improvements by shaking the unit, tapping the hoses or pumps head, or tilting the case. It won’t make the offending debris go away, but it may move to a less troublesome spot.

Yup ... and the one warm hose and one cool hose would also indicate a pump issue. If the liquid is being pumped, the temperatures should be (relatively) close. Hit that "Support Ticket System" link at the top and start the RMA, if you haven't already.

Yup ... and the one warm hose and one cool hose would also indicate a pump issue. If the liquid is being pumped, the temperatures should be (relatively) close. Hit that "Support Ticket System" link at the top and start the RMA, if you haven't already.

I've had it a couple years now, doubt it's still under warranty and I have no idea where the receipt is at this point.

Thanks for the help though, I was hoping it was something else but I'll have to replace it.

I've had it a couple years now, doubt it's still under warranty and I have no idea where the receipt is at this point.

Thanks for the help though, I was hoping it was something else but I'll have to replace it.

That sucks. Most of the coolers have a 5 year warranty, IIRC. If you bought it online, you should be able to get it there. That's one reason I buy most of my stuff from either Amazon or Newegg. Can always find the receipts.

I would still submit a ticket and see they say... its worth a shot.

Replaced it today with an H110, had to do some modifications to my case but this is the result.

https://i.imgur.com/exa28z1.png

Does it look okay?

I don't know much about temps other than the temps I was getting before were waaaay to high.

I hit low-mid 70's in Prime95 but that was only running for like 5 minutes.

Replaced it today with an H110, had to do some modifications to my case but this is the result.

https://i.imgur.com/exa28z1.png

Does it look okay?

I don't know much about temps other than the temps I was getting before were waaaay to high.

I hit low-mid 70's in Prime95 but that was only running for like 5 minutes.

The temps look good. And hitting low-mid 70's in Prime95 is fine; keep in mind, however, that Prime95 is absolutely brutal on the CPU, particularly the Skylake and Kaby Lake processors with AVX instructions. It also does things to your CPU that you, as a user, won't normally do. While it can be used as a quick verification of your CPU cooling setup, it's not a good test for your overall system thermal performance as it only stresses one component (the CPU). For this, I use Asus ROG RealBench, which stresses both the CPU and the GPU at the same time; this will give you an better indication of your total system thermal performance when the major sources of heat are running full bore.

But ... again, it's an artificial stress test. As snapper points out, keep an eye on temps when you are actually using the system. Even long, intense gaming systems are going to be less stressful on your entire system than any artificial benchmark/stress test. However, if your temps are good running something like RealBench for an hour, they are going to be good with just about anything that you, as a user, would normally do to the system.

Archived