Corsair Community

The new Corsair SSD toolbox

JPP

Eh, utility is ok but you can tell it's new. You can tell it's v1.0 like it says. But regardless it's a step in the right direction..

Also, clicking the Optimize "Start" button to run the TRIM command doesn't work. Just tells me it's not supported. Is this normal?

• Administrators

JPP: I'd wager a sticky will go up sometime next week about it.

geost:

1 - What type of suggestions do you have?

2 - Works for me. Is your SSD on a SATA port that is in IDE or RAID mode? Is the SSD on an AMD or a marvell SATA port?

JPP: I'd wager a sticky will go up sometime next week about it.

geost:

1 - What type of suggestions do you have?

2 - Works for me. Is your SSD on a SATA port that is in IDE or RAID mode? Is the SSD on an AMD or a marvell SATA port?

To tell you the truth I'm not sure but I have the motherboard listed in my specs using AHCI mode and I'm assuming just the AMD SATA port. I just put together this build (coming from a Core i5-750) a few days ago so I'm too familiar with the exact specs yet.

I read other posts and it looks like Windows 8 doesn't support TRIM, hence why I'm getting that "unsupported" error. I wonder why..? The Windows 8 "optimize" works fine though.

• Administrators
I read other posts and it looks like Windows 8 doesn't support TRIM, hence why I'm getting that "unsupported" error. I wonder why..? The Windows 8 "optimize" works fine though.
Windows 7 (and therefore 8) supports TRIM.

On Windows 8 (32/64 bit), all SSD Toolbox functions EXCEPT for TRIM are currently supported.

Archived