Corsair Community

Link not showing/controlling CPU Fans!

edwardlb21

Hey There,

I have had my H100i v2 for about 6 months now, and ever since I got it, the CPU fan speeds (RPMs) do not show in the Link software. It shows the pump speed just fine, but the fan speed is 0RPM. I always assumed this was because of the Asus AiSuite software conflicting with it, but now I'm not so sure...

Now I cannot even control the fans with Link. When I test it and set the fans to max, nothing happens!

The fans still spin when the CPU gets warm and I don't know which piece of software is causing this, but does this sound like a defective pump unit to you guys?

Any assistance much appreciated!

Ed

The fans still spin when the CPU gets warm and I don't know which piece of software is causing this

I suspect you need to disable fan control for the CPU_FAN header in the BIOS so the H100iV2 get's the constant +12 volts it needs.

Set PWM mode and disable Q-Fan

Running ASUS AI Suite and CL4 at the same time is likely to cause issues and you should not do this, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118371

You should also add your PC specs to your profile

Sure, I'll try that later. I have already uninstalled AiSuite as I figured it was of no value to me!

(As a side-note, I realised my H100i stock fans were running in DC mode although they are actually PWM. Switching them over stopped the ticking noise I used to hate so much!)

I have the same problem. With or without Ai Suite, Corsair Link not showing CPU temp, GPU temperature and fan controls. I can see only the threads CPU load and HDD / SDD's temp.

That problem has Started after replacing the mother board Gygabite 1150 / i5 CPU with AM4 / Ryzen CPU - Asus B350M-A.

To answer @c-attack, I have my Corsair H45 Fan connected to the CPU Fan and pump is connected to chassis fan.

Tried to contact Corsair support online services, but they have redirected me to call by phone ... Not so easy while I'm outside US. :[pouts:

1. I have the same problem.
  2. With or without Ai Suite, Corsair Link not showing CPU temp, GPU temperature and fan controls.
  3. I can see only the threads CPU load and HDD / SDD's temp.
  4. That problem has Started after replacing the mother board Gygabite 1150 / i5 CPU with AM4 / Ryzen CPU - Asus B350M-A.

1. You may think so, but you have a different root cause.
  2. Don't use ASUS AI Suite and CL4 at the same time.
  3. I can't see anything. Attach the CL4 [home] tab screen shot to your post.
  4. The root cause is that CL4 does not support Ryzen and Corsair need to release an update just like for Intel Kaby Lake.

At the moment all the Ryzen motherboards have only just beed released and all monitoring programs need to be updated to support them. I could comment further if you ran my SIV utility and posted the initial screen + Menu->Hardware->Sensor Debug panel screen shots.

I have attached the print screens of CL4's Home tab and SIV as requested.

Thank you. These answer a whole multitude of questions. CL4 thinks your Ryzen has 16 single threaded packages what is totally wonky. SIV got most things correct apart from the clock speeds which should be easy enough to fix once I have some Ryzen SIV save files.

SIV 5.17 should do way better.

I also need to improve the Ryzen reporting as well, but this will take rather longer.

At least SIV reported the GPU OK. CL4 failing to do this happens for all AMD GPUs with the latest AMD GPU drivers. There are lots of posts about this.

I would like to know why my Corsair link doesn't show any information about my graphics cards currently running to 2x R9 290x

Yay! A new version of link. Oh - no fix for the GPU details not showing - http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164265

Archived