Corsair Community

Help with Cooling Setup for a First Time PC Build

TonsofPuppies

Let me first start off by saying that I'm a complete novice when it comes to PC building - this will be my first ever build. It's been something that I've been wanting to do for a long time, but haven't had the financial resources to do so. I'm pretty nervous as this is going to be a pretty expensive machine. I'm trying to figure out my cooling setup, but I'm just so lost. Basically, I'm wondering if I need any extras (besides the Corsair Commander Pro included in my parts list) to get the following Corsair products working together?

1x H150i Pro CPU cooler

6x LL120 RGB fans

4x RGB LED lighting strips

My parts list is here.

As far as the Corsair stuff goes, I think you are good. The Commander Pro will serve as both the lighting interface for the LL fans/strips and also as a desktop software fan controller. You will not need to use the Lighting Node Pro in the LL multipack, but don't throw them away. They can be chained into C-Pro later if you add more stuff.

Yikes, that 2TB m.2 is a wallet killer.

As far as the Corsair stuff goes, I think you are good. The Commander Pro will serve as both the lighting interface for the LL fans/strips and also as a desktop software fan controller. You will not need to use the Lighting Node Pro in the LL multipack, but don't throw them away. They can be chained into C-Pro later if you add more stuff.

Yikes, that 2TB m.2 is a wallet killer.

Yes it is. :mad:

What if I wanted to replace the standard fans on the H150i with LL120 fans? What that be possible with everything included, since you said I could chain them? I wouldn't have to buy another CoPro, right?

Oh, absolutely and I assumed that is what you had in mind. I guess the 011 has quite a few ways to place the H150i. The cooler will have 3 fan control wires and will tie in with Link/iCUE automatically. So as far as control from the software, no changes needed. The only additional requirement on going to 9 LL120 will be one more "lighting hub". This is the 6 port lighting controller that then ties into the C-Pro or Lighting Node Pro. You will need 2. One comes inside each LL120 3 pack, so again covered.

If you have not seen it, take a look at the thread the guys made here.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Oh, absolutely and I assumed that is what you had in mind. I guess the 011 has quite a few ways to place the H150i. The cooler will have 3 fan control wires and will tie in with Link/iCUE automatically. So as far as control from the software, no changes needed. The only additional requirement on going to 9 LL120 will be one more "lighting hub". This is the 6 port lighting controller that then ties into the C-Pro or Lighting Node Pro. You will need 2. One comes inside each LL120 3 pack, so again covered.

If you have not seen it, take a look at the thread the guys made here.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Yeah, the 011 can hold 3 360 mm radiators at once, if I'm not mistaken. So in total, just some I'm clear, how many things will I need? The CoPro and one Lighting Node Pro linked together will cover everything? Or I need 2 Lighting Node Pros + CoPro?

Lastly, would you recommend a Corsair PSU? I've heard a lot of good things, but I've also heard from many that Seasonic is the absolute best.

Yeah, the 011 can hold 3 360 mm radiators at once, if I'm not mistaken. So in total, just some I'm clear, how many things will I need? The CoPro and one Lighting Node Pro linked together will cover everything? Or I need 2 Lighting Node Pros + CoPro?

Lastly, would you recommend a Corsair PSU? I've heard a lot of good things, but I've also heard from many that Seasonic is the absolute best.

The 011 is a very nice looking and thought out case, I am assuming you are getting the new Dynamic? One thing you need to note about the case's limitations is how wide the GPU is. If I had one, I couldn't put the side on as my water block inlet/outlets would block the side glass panel from going on.

Wow, looking at your build, that is insane! I own the Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard as well and love it. I even wrote a tool that controls the MB's LEDs based off the game you play, it is still in beta:

https://github.com/windows2000bug/RGB-Fusion-Tool-PS/releases/tag/v0.4-beta

Demo: [ame]

[/ame]

Technically speaking, you don't "need" the Commande Pro, unless you want to use Corsair's iCUE to control both the LEDs and Fan speeds. The LL-120's both come with a LNP, and RGB Hubs. As the Gaming 7 Z370 comes with two USB2.0 headers, you can do the following:

USB2.0 Header1: 360 AIO

USB2.0 Header2: LNP

-LNP Port1: Strips

-LNP Port2: RGB HUB

--RGB Hub: All 6 fans

I haven't played with the Commander Pro's software myself, so I can't really comment on it. So the CP will give you 2 extra USB2.0 headers and control of the fans via iCUE/Link. The Gaming 7 comes with the following:

2x USB2.0 Headers

2x Temp probe headers w/ 2x temp probes

8x PWM Fan headers, including one w/ a whopping 3 amps

If you want to add the 2nd LNP, which you will have left over from one pack of LL-120 fans, then you would need a USB2.0 hub or the CP. Though currently as it is the only benefit is you will be able to control the fans via Corsair's iCUE, which many people do like. I am not saying not to buy, just wanted you to be informed about your purchase and if you don't like running a lot of software then the CP is the way to go. I am fairly critical of a lot of the MB tools/apps, though Gigabyte's fan software (SIV) was the least annoying out of all the other ones I tried. I got my Corsair HD-120s working off my motherboard, though I thought iCUE was so good that I bought a LNP. That is how good of a software it is.

Lastly when it comes to PSUs, I haven't been in the market for a while, though I used a site called Jonny Guru that a lot of people recommended, it delves deep into the PSU with benchmarks and taking measurements. Interesting enough the "Jonny Guru" doesn't do any more reviews on the site as he stated he didn't want any conflicts of interest as he got hired by Corsair in 2012 as a PSU Product Manager.

Seasonic is considered by many a good brand, I think they manufacture many other PSUs for other companies and according to the "internet", they do make some rebranded products for Corsair. I think some of the higher end PSUs from Corsair do have connectivity to Link and iCUE, though you might need a USB2.0 hub or CP to add it to the system. That is a value add that you can't get from other manufactures, especially if you are going with the whole Corsair ecosystem. In any case the best way to find a good PSU is to check out Jonny Guru's website and pick one out yourself.

The 011 is a very nice looking and thought out case, I am assuming you are getting the new Dynamic? One thing you need to note about the case's limitations is how wide the GPU is. If I had one, I couldn't put the side on as my water block inlet/outlets would block the side glass panel from going on.

Wow, looking at your build, that is insane! I own the Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard as well and love it. I even wrote a tool that controls the MB's LEDs based off the game you play, it is still in beta:

https://github.com/windows2000bug/RGB-Fusion-Tool-PS/releases/tag/v0.4-beta

Demo:

Technically speaking, you don't "need" the Commande Pro, unless you want to use Corsair's iCUE to control both the LEDs and Fan speeds. The LL-120's both come with a LNP, and RGB Hubs. As the Gaming 7 Z370 comes with two USB2.0 headers, you can do the following:

USB2.0 Header1: 360 AIO

USB2.0 Header2: LNP

-LNP Port1: Strips

-LNP Port2: RGB HUB

--RGB Hub: All 6 fans

I haven't played with the Commander Pro's software myself, so I can't really comment on it. So the CP will give you 2 extra USB2.0 headers and control of the fans via iCUE/Link. The Gaming 7 comes with the following:

2x USB2.0 Headers

2x Temp probe headers w/ 2x temp probes

8x PWM Fan headers, including one w/ a whopping 3 amps

If you want to add the 2nd LNP, which you will have left over from one pack of LL-120 fans, then you would need a USB2.0 hub or the CP. Though currently as it is the only benefit is you will be able to control the fans via Corsair's iCUE, which many people do like. I am not saying not to buy, just wanted you to be informed about your purchase and if you don't like running a lot of software then the CP is the way to go. I am fairly critical of a lot of the MB tools/apps, though Gigabyte's fan software (SIV) was the least annoying out of all the other ones I tried. I got my Corsair HD-120s working off my motherboard, though I thought iCUE was so good that I bought a LNP. That is how good of a software it is.

Lastly when it comes to PSUs, I haven't been in the market for a while, though I used a site called Jonny Guru that a lot of people recommended, it delves deep into the PSU with benchmarks and taking measurements. Interesting enough the "Jonny Guru" doesn't do any more reviews on the site as he stated he didn't want any conflicts of interest as he got hired by Corsair in 2012 as a PSU Product Manager.

Seasonic is considered by many a good brand, I think they manufacture many other PSUs for other companies and according to the "internet", they do make some rebranded products for Corsair. I think some of the higher end PSUs from Corsair do have connectivity to Link and iCUE, though you might need a USB2.0 hub or CP to add it to the system. That is a value add that you can't get from other manufactures, especially if you are going with the whole Corsair ecosystem. In any case the best way to find a good PSU is to check out Jonny Guru's website and pick one out yourself.

Keep in mid though, that I would like to replace the H150i Pro's fans with three more LL120s (9 total), so in this instance, I'd need the CoPro, or no? I'm still going to get it anyway. It's not cheap for a fan controller, but at this point, with how deep I'm in, I'm not going to skimp out on something like that. I really do appreciate the information though. I'm trying to pick up as much as I can before I start my build, so anything is of great help! Basically, I just want to know what hubs/components I'll need in addition to the CoPro to get 9 RGB LL120s (3 on the AIO) and 4 LED strips working in unison. :)

I'll definitely check out the software you posted. Seems really neat. I'm actually getting into programming too (game development to be exact), so I have a lot of respect for you guys that make those neat little tools a lot of people take for granted on GitHub. I'll also check out Jonny Guru, thanks a bunch. Any other info you have that you think I'll need to keep in mind, please let me know. :)

Yes, the 011 Dynamic. I know it's more suited for a water-cooling loop, but it's just so pretty and will really showcase the RGB glory well. Haha. I'm shying away from a custom water-cooling loop at this time, as I'm a total noob when it comes to this stuff so I think for my first ever build, I'll start a bit more basic, but that is definitely something I'd like to try building in the years to come.

No, technically you don't need the C-Pro unless you want desktop software control over the fans instead of standard BIOS control. With 9 fans in a non-standard case, I would. The C-Pro also has another two USB header to make things easier with linking the other components (LNP + H150i).

You can daisy chain the LNPs and strips together and still have desktop control over the lighting. However, the C-Pro would replace one LNP and it might be easier to do it from the start with the extra benefits. I like the thermal probes (4) and those have become rather handy versus the one offered up by my board.

The most commonly missed item is the Lighting Hub. Two wires per fan. One for fan speed/power. One for lighting power. The lighting power line goes here. There will be one in each LL120 Triple Pack, but if you buy singles you will miss out. It is kind of pain to obtain as a standalone item.

The only other thing that comes to mind is SATA power. The C-PRO, H150i, and both lighting hubs will require a SATA connection. Nothing extraordinary on the power requirements, but you are looking at four connections, at least. Save a PSU triple or two for those.

No, technically you don't need the C-Pro unless you want desktop software control over the fans instead of standard BIOS control. With 9 fans in a non-standard case, I would. The C-Pro also has another two USB header to make things easier with linking the other components (LNP + H150i).

You can daisy chain the LNPs and strips together and still have desktop control over the lighting. However, the C-Pro would replace one LNP and it might be easier to do it from the start with the extra benefits. I like the thermal probes (4) and those have become rather handy versus the one offered up by my board.

The most commonly missed item is the Lighting Hub. Two wires per fan. One for fan speed/power. One for lighting power. The lighting power line goes here. There will be one in each LL120 Triple Pack, but if you buy singles you will miss out. It is kind of pain to obtain as a standalone item.

The only other thing that comes to mind is SATA power. The C-PRO, H150i, and both lighting hubs will require a SATA connection. Nothing extraordinary on the power requirements, but you are looking at four connections, at least. Save a PSU triple or two for those.

So would the USB header on the H150i plug into one of the USB headers on the CoPro instead of the motherboard then? Also, based on my build, do you think this PSU has enough connectors for everything I have listed (with a few extra for potential future expansion)? This is the 750W Ultra Prime Titanium. The 850W model costs about $80 more, and has two extra CPU / PCI-E ports and one extra IDE / SATA / Molex port. Would you recommend going to the 850 or is the 750 sufficient?

https://seasonic.com/pub/media/catalog/product/cache/afad95d7734d2fa6d0a8ba78597182b7/p/r/prime-tr-750-connector-side.jpg

So would the USB header on the H150i plug into one of the USB headers on the CoPro instead of the motherboard then?

Yes if you want and this tends to be useful on modern 1 x 2.0 internal boards. I am doing it on my Code X.

Yes on the PSU too. I have the 1000W version and there are oodles of SATA connectors in various configurations (doubles, triples, angled, etc).

Keep in mid though, that I would like to replace the H150i Pro's fans with three more LL120s (9 total), so in this instance, I'd need the CoPro, or no? I'm still going to get it anyway. It's not cheap for a fan controller, but at this point, with how deep I'm in, I'm not going to skimp out on something like that. I really do appreciate the information though. I'm trying to pick up as much as I can before I start my build, so anything is of great help! Basically, I just want to know what hubs/components I'll need in addition to the CoPro to get 9 RGB LL120s (3 on the AIO) and 4 LED strips working in unison. :)

I'll definitely check out the software you posted. Seems really neat. I'm actually getting into programming too (game development to be exact), so I have a lot of respect for you guys that make those neat little tools a lot of people take for granted on GitHub. I'll also check out Jonny Guru, thanks a bunch. Any other info you have that you think I'll need to keep in mind, please let me know. :)

Yes, the 011 Dynamic. I know it's more suited for a water-cooling loop, but it's just so pretty and will really showcase the RGB glory well. Haha. I'm shying away from a custom water-cooling loop at this time, as I'm a total noob when it comes to this stuff so I think for my first ever build, I'll start a bit more basic, but that is definitely something I'd like to try building in the years to come.

Which ever way you go with the MB vs CP fan control, I highly advise a couple of fan splitters, as you will have 9 fans. Just make sure you don't draw more than the rated amps for each channel and the entire system total. I know the 6x fan headers on the MB are 1amp, 1 is 3amp, and the other is 2amp or something like it. The amps for the CP look like 1 Amp per fan port, 4.5 Amps total. You will also need to find the amp ratings of all the fans, though it shouldn't be too high.

Do NOT get into a custom water cooling! It is extremely addictive and you will tinker around with it non-stop and then people will look at you as crazy:

(My build)

https://imgur.com/a/6Nutp

I also highly advise NOT going with the 011 Dynamic or the Corsair 1000D as you will end up buying 2-4 HW Labs GTS 360mm/480mm radiators, a XSPC Raystorm Pro, and a XSPC Photon 170 D5 Pump with soft tubing. Then you will realize that it isn't enough and you will get into hard tubing, then you will start experimenting with different fluid. There is no end to the dark depths of the custom loop :)

The H150i Pro will be your gateway drug into custom loops if you are thinking about it. I think most people who get into custom loops start out with AIOs, I know I did.

So would the USB header on the H150i plug into one of the USB headers on the CoPro instead of the motherboard then? Also, based on my build, do you think this PSU has enough connectors for everything I have listed (with a few extra for potential future expansion)? This is the 750W Ultra Prime Titanium. The 850W model costs about $80 more, and has two extra CPU / PCI-E ports and one extra IDE / SATA / Molex port. Would you recommend going to the 850 or is the 750 sufficient?

https://seasonic.com/pub/media/catalog/product/cache/afad95d7734d2fa6d0a8ba78597182b7/p/r/prime-tr-750-connector-side.jpg

The CP USB headers or no different than the header on the motherboard, it acts just like a hub. So you can plug the H150i into the MB or the CP. I have an 850 watt PSU and it is over kill for me, though I am not using any SATA drives. All I have is a 960 Evo 500GB NVME M.2. I always like more power than less as PSUs will be more efficient and last longer if they are pushing less load. i.e. Plat rating is 94% efficiency at 50% load and 90% at 100% load. There are some calculators out there you can plug in to figure out the round about number you need. In a way find out the usage with a calculator then shoot for 50%. If you get a PSU that is too powerful, then your light load will lose efficiency as well i.e. plat is 90% efficient at 10% load and 92% at 20% load: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus

Your storage choice does seem a bit on the over kill. Are you doing 16TBs of storage or doing a mirrored 8GB raid 1? I might do 2x 500GB NVME in raid 1, you will double your theoretical performance w/ 1TB logical drive. Though if one fails you loose all of your data. You could setup 3x SATA SSDs or HDD in raid 5 to increase performance and give you redundancy of important data and backups.

Your build right now is really overkill, it will give you more bragging rights than any noticeable boost in performance, compared to a system like mine. Storage is really wasted, until you can actually use it and it looks like you are spending as much in storage as I did on my system system alone. If you have a real need for it, by all means ignore what I just said. Though that is a lot of money to drop on a system and I am guessing you are younger as you said you want to get into game development. I was fine getting by spending $1-1.2k on a system every few years. I just dropped about $2.5-3k on my Current system, though I am maxing out my retirement fund, have no car payments, saving up to put money down on a new vehicle, half way done with my mortgage, and saving up for my daughter's college fund. Granted GPUs were overpriced at the time and I got a great deal on mine, I would be fine with a cheaper system and I considered mine slightly over kill. I could have spent more though I have plenty of other expensive hobbies as well. Again if you have the means and are financially stable, please disregard what I said. It is not like we can really take our money and our toys to the grave. Again no disrespect, just food for thought. :)

Which ever way you go with the MB vs CP fan control, I highly advise a couple of fan splitters, as you will have 9 fans. Just make sure you don't draw more than the rated amps for each channel and the entire system total. I know the 6x fan headers on the MB are 1amp, 1 is 3amp, and the other is 2amp or something like it. The amps for the CP look like 1 Amp per fan port, 4.5 Amps total. You will also need to find the amp ratings of all the fans, though it shouldn't be too high.

Do NOT get into a custom water cooling! It is extremely addictive and you will tinker around with it non-stop and then people will look at you as crazy:

(My build)

https://imgur.com/a/6Nutp

I also highly advise NOT going with the 011 Dynamic or the Corsair 1000D as you will end up buying 2-4 HW Labs GTS 360mm/480mm radiators, a XSPC Raystorm Pro, and a XSPC Photon 170 D5 Pump with soft tubing. Then you will realize that it isn't enough and you will get into hard tubing, then you will start experimenting with different fluid. There is no end to the dark depths of the custom loop :)

The H150i Pro will be your gateway drug into custom loops if you are thinking about it. I think most people who get into custom loops start out with AIOs, I know I did.

The CP USB headers or no different than the header on the motherboard, it acts just like a hub. So you can plug the H150i into the MB or the CP. I have an 850 watt PSU and it is over kill for me, though I am not using any SATA drives. All I have is a 960 Evo 500GB NVME M.2. I always like more power than less as PSUs will be more efficient and last longer if they are pushing less load. i.e. Plat rating is 94% efficiency at 50% load and 90% at 100% load. There are some calculators out there you can plug in to figure out the round about number you need. In a way find out the usage with a calculator then shoot for 50%. If you get a PSU that is too powerful, then your light load will lose efficiency as well i.e. plat is 90% efficient at 10% load and 92% at 20% load: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus

Your storage choice does seem a bit on the over kill. Are you doing 16TBs of storage or doing a mirrored 8GB raid 1? I might do 2x 500GB NVME in raid 1, you will double your theoretical performance w/ 1TB logical drive. Though if one fails you loose all of your data. You could setup 3x SATA SSDs or HDD in raid 5 to increase performance and give you redundancy of important data and backups.

Your build right now is really overkill, it will give you more bragging rights than any noticeable boost in performance, compared to a system like mine. Storage is really wasted, until you can actually use it and it looks like you are spending as much in storage as I did on my system system alone. If you have a real need for it, by all means ignore what I just said. Though that is a lot of money to drop on a system and I am guessing you are younger as you said you want to get into game development. I was fine getting by spending $1-1.2k on a system every few years. I just dropped about $2.5-3k on my Current system, though I am maxing out my retirement fund, have no car payments, saving up to put money down on a new vehicle, half way done with my mortgage, and saving up for my daughter's college fund. Granted GPUs were overpriced at the time and I got a great deal on mine, I would be fine with a cheaper system and I considered mine slightly over kill. I could have spent more though I have plenty of other expensive hobbies as well. Again if you have the means and are financially stable, please disregard what I said. It is not like we can really take our money and our toys to the grave. Again no disrespect, just food for thought. :)

I have tons and tons of music, movies, photos and other media. I need a 256GB iPhone just to store my iTunes library, and that's in non lossless audio quality (320 kbps). I do plan on doing a RAID 1 setup for the two 8 TB hard drives. The 500GB NVMe is for my Windows OS / Apps and the 2 TB one is for my Steam library. I appreciate the insight though - never a bad thing to keep an open mind and listen to the viewpoints of others. :) I'm just one of those people that hordes tons of digital data and organizes it like an elaborate archive. Lol. Also keep in mind that my prices are in Canadian dollars, that may or may not be throwing you off a bit, although either way I know it quite expensive.

Noob question: Can you give me a brief rundown on what fan splitters are, how they work and how they'll add benefit to my cooling?

Also, I completely feel you on the custom loop thing. That's why I'm avoiding it as much as possible for the time being. I have to admit, it does look amazing though! :D:

Can you give me a brief rundown on what fan splitters are, how they work and how they'll add benefit to my cooling?

71Ddl7yvR1L._SL1500_.jpg

A "splitter" is fan extension cable with one female connecting end (for the motherboard or other fan controller) and two or more male ends for the fan female connectors. It is a cheap and easy way to make one fan controller (the motherboard fan header) control more than one fan. Even high end motherboards might only have 4 usable fan headers, so most people end up needing a few for ordinary fan coverage. It is perfectly fine to power your fans this way, but you must be mindful of the total current of the fans connected. The controller will have a limit. Most motherboard headers have a 1.0 amp limit. Effectively, this limits you to 2 or 3 fans per header, type and use dependent.

The Commander Pro has 6 individual fan headers, all of which can be separately controlled. The H150i will have a 3 fan splitter native to its internal fan controller and the combination will cover your 9 fan requirements. If you decide to get the C-Pro, you will not need any extra splitters, but since they cost about $4 each, it never hurts to have a few lying around of different lengths. No reason not to buy PWM splitters. 3 pin DC connectors will still work on the 4 pin PWM receptacle. The reverse is not true. Be careful using splitters on complex controllers like the Commander Pro. Current limits and internal wiring may not be as expected. Technically, using splitters is not supported on the C-Pro. Mixed results from people who have. You have no reason to do so.

71Ddl7yvR1L._SL1500_.jpg

A "splitter" is fan extension cable with one female connecting end (for the motherboard or other fan controller) and two or more male ends for the fan female connectors. It is a cheap and easy way to make one fan controller (the motherboard fan header) control more than one fan. Even high end motherboards might only have 4 usable fan headers, so most people end up needing a few for ordinary fan coverage. It is perfectly fine to power your fans this way, but you must be mindful of the total current of the fans connected. The controller will have a limit. Most motherboard headers have a 1.0 amp limit. Effectively, this limits you to 2 or 3 fans per header, type and use dependent.

The Commander Pro has 6 individual fan headers, all of which can be separately controlled. The H150i will have a 3 fan splitter native to its internal fan controller and the combination will cover your 9 fan requirements. If you decide to get the C-Pro, you will not need any extra splitters, but since they cost about $4 each, it never hurts to have a few lying around of different lengths. No reason not to buy PWM splitters. 3 pin DC connectors will still work on the 4 pin PWM receptacle. The reverse is not true. Be careful using splitters on complex controllers like the Commander Pro. Current limits and internal wiring may not be as expected. Technically, using splitters is not supported on the C-Pro. Mixed results from people who have. You have no reason to do so.

Okay, that's good to know. I have one last favour to ask and then I promise I'll stop bothering you. Lol. I've looked over the diagrams posted in Zotty's thread, but I'm having a bit of trouble piecing it together because my situation isn't used as an example. I'm getting some aspects of it, but not others. Could you give me the simplest way to set up what I want with the fewest cables / hubs, etc? I don't expect you to draw a diagram of course, even a simple little list would be greatly appreciated. :)

Keep in mind each LL fan will have 2 wires. 1 for fan power + speed control. The other is for the lighting hub.

Fan Power and Speed Control

Commander Pro - 6xLL120 4 pin PWM fan wire. This will be for the 6 fan not on the radiator.

H150i 3 way splitter -> the three radiator fans, whatever they are (LL or ML)

The lighting end is more open. You will can split the lighting between controllers anyway you want (if all LL models) and it does not have to be 6 + 3. However, given the way that case is laid out, you likely are setting up three strips of 3x120mm fans at each location. Each lighting hub will connect back into the C-Pro or Lighting Node Pro. Each device will needs its own power supply from the PSU (SATA). Fortunately, you have a decent amount of room to dump this stuff in the cold half of the 011.

*If you do not get 3 more LL120 for the radiator, you can use just one lighting hub for the 6 other LL fans. The ML fans that come with the H150i are not RGB and do not require a lighting hub. Just a regular fan that can be controlled from the Link software.

Keep in mind each LL fan will have 2 wires. 1 for fan power + speed control. The other is for the lighting hub.

Fan Power and Speed Control

Commander Pro - 6xLL120 4 pin PWM fan wire. This will be for the 6 fan not on the radiator.

H150i 3 way splitter -> the three radiator fans, whatever they are (LL or ML)

The lighting end is more open. You will can split the lighting between controllers anyway you want (if all LL models) and it does not have to be 6 + 3. However, given the way that case is laid out, you likely are setting up three strips of 3x120mm fans at each location. Each lighting hub will connect back into the C-Pro or Lighting Node Pro. Each device will needs its own power supply from the PSU (SATA). Fortunately, you have a decent amount of room to dump this stuff in the cold half of the 011.

*If you do not get 3 more LL120 for the radiator, you can use just one lighting hub for the 6 other LL fans. The ML fans that come with the H150i are not RGB and do not require a lighting hub. Just a regular fan that can be controlled from the Link software.

Okay thanks for all of the help. I'll be sure to track this thread for reference when I go to build the system. :D:

Archived