Corsair Community

K95 RGB: Macro Functionality ...

rnio

Hi There,

SUMMARY:

I got the MR programming to work by drag and drop an activity from the activity drop down list under the assignment tab in CUE.

Hope this will help others ... see below for details:

DETAILS:

just sharing my "experience":

I just bough the K95 RGB ... mainly for the macro features.

OS; Win 8.1 latest updates

I installed the latest version (10-21-2014) of CUE and updated the FW to 1.13.

Keyboard seems to work (all keys incl. colors)

MACRO PROGRAMMING FEATURE:

FIRST:

Without CUE running ... I was NOT able to use the MR-key to program any of the G keys ... it just did not RECORD.

Press MR-Key get this ring blinking ==> Press the "target-key e.g. G1" ==> put in the key sequence (e.g. "1 2 3") ==> press MR-Key to finish the programming.

Nothing was recorded ... pressing the "G1" ... nothing

Started the CUE and looking at the "activity assignment" of the G1 key ==> EMPTY

I tried the same process with the CUE running ... and for the first few tries I was able to get the ACTIVITY recorded ... and assigned to the G! key ... at least within CUE.

HOWEVER, pressing the G1 key in notepad ... did nothing ... checked the G! activity assignment in CUE ... the macro was still there.

Trying to run the macro in any of the OS programs (browser / notepad / dos box etc.) ==> nothing.

THEN:

(I am not 100% sure ... but I think this did the trick)

I did drag and drop from the activity list on the assignment tab a previously recorded macro and dropped it onto the key (I did "empty / revert to default the G1 key before I tried this) ==> the macro was assigned as an activity)

==> back in OS notepad ===> it WORKED ! The macro was there ... and I was able to program other keys with the MR-KEY-MACRO-MR sequence (see above). ... and could use all those macros with other applications.

So SOMETHING did ENABLE this feature ... now it works ... at least with CUE running.

The HARDWARE only G-Key programming is still not working.

I hope that this will help others having similar issues ... and the developers to further pin point where it might be broken.

Robert

honestly

- No USB-Hub

- No Recordet in Memory Macos via MacroButton

'How much is the the K95RGB DOWNGRADET ??

its sad it would have been possible to give the Keyboard internal Memory and store many stuff inside the Keyboard.. this produkt is except of its exceaptional buildqulity a total desaster...

• 5 months later...

In the profile pane, click on the button with 3 horizontal lines next to the profile you want to save. You will have the following selections:

1. Edit Profile

2. Delete Profile

3. Duplicate Profile

4. SAVE PROFILE TO DEVICE MEMORY

5. Export

6. Type Lighting

I don't know if you still need CUE running to use the keyboard with the saved profile, but if it works, it still beats installing CUE and then importing the profile onto any other machine that you want to use the keyboard on...

I tried it on my work keyboard, but I don't know if I want to take the keyboard home to see if it works. Hope this helps you. Let me know if you try it and it works.

Best,

Archived