Corsair Community

Black Screening / Video Card output switching off from iCUE

WhiskeyOmega

Any update for this @corsairjames ? My current icue install is having a really bad time with the black screens.

Revert back to CUE for the time being, until they fix it (that's what I did, no crashes since then).

Are you still having the issues after renaming the CPUIDSDK.dll?

Hmm I thought it just turns off the fans all together doing that but as it turns out with renaming cpuidsdk.dll the sensor reverts to the H150i pro temp as there icue cannot read system info when cpuidsdk is not there and my H150i pro temp was so low it got to a point I never thought it would and Zero RPM'ed the fans. I think its alright after ive just adjusted for the lower temps in the cooler.

• 2 weeks later...
We plan on updating CPUID SDK in iCUE v3.7. Ive asked if that may resolve the problem but as far as I know, the team is still looking into it. We may need to involve CPUID devs to resolve this in a future update.

I've been having similar issues. I run both Corsair Utility Engine Version 2.24.50 (for my keyboard) and Corsair Link 4.9.7.35 for my H110i GT.

My issues have been not at idle but while playing a game itself.

Randomly the screen will go one color either black, grey or greenish, and become unresponsive for a few moments. Then the application will crash and I'll have an event viewer message: 'Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.'

This has been happening since a recent Nvidia Driver Update in June. I was using corsair link 3 and CUE at the time. The problem was persisting throughout the last few weeks in Battle.net games and some steam games. After I opened my computer to clean it Link 3 would sometimes flash read on certain fans for the first time. So I updated to Link 4.

I'm now using driver 398.82 but just today while playing wow for the first time in awhile the same crash happened. Also when these crashes happen either ICUE or CUE will crash along with battle.net (this happened previously with a first time ICUE installed so i reinstalled CUE).

I've read on Nvidia forums that latest drivers have had issues with hardware monitoring programs such a CPUID but never listed Link. I'm only learning that CPUID is used with Link now so it never crossed my mind that Corsair Link would use it too.

Would this fix to the Cpuid SDK be applied to Corsair Link 4 as well or just ICUE?

Also, just in case, any idea why CUE is crashing when I get the error. Any help is appreciated I know this was a long message on someone else original post but this problem has been driving me crazy and I'm not sure if its software or hardware related.

Edited by Frogboy0619

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you guys know. I'm the author of

thread.

Month ago I removed both iCUE and M65 mouse. It was a month without a single black screen crash, so I guess after having them once per day we might not doubt of their cause.

Yesterday I decided to check if the situation is fixed.

I reinstalled iCUE, renamed CPUID DLLs (all 3 of them).

In less than 24 hours black crashes were back. Just to let you know that CPUID dlls DOESN'T save you.

Just to let you guys know. I'm the author of
thread.

Month ago I removed both iCUE and M65 mouse. It was a month without a single black screen crash, so I guess after having them once per day we might not doubt of their cause.

Yesterday I decided to check if the situation is fixed.

I reinstalled iCUE, renamed CPUID DLLs (all 3 of them).

In less than 24 hours black crashes were back. Just to let you know that CPUID dlls DOESN'T save you.

Can you please post your system specs here?

EDIT as of 9/5/2018

Well so far I have just outright removed the Corsair.Module.CpuId.dll, Corsair.Module.CpuIdDevice.dll, cpuidsdk.dll, cpuidsdk64.dll, cpuidsdkwin7.dll, and the CpuIdWrapper.dll from the install directory and have yet to experience a system crash within the normal time frame of fifteen to twenty minutes so fingers crossed!

Haven't had time for in depth testing because of classwork so I will update this post if I discover anything.

EDIT as of 9/5/2018

Nope That caused it not to recognize the controller? so.....>.> and Blk screen still for me <..>

Edited by DrButtlet
Updating Information

Gigabyte x99

TEST 1 -BS

TEST 2 -BS

TEST 3 -BS

TEST 4 -NoBS, No sensor temp, sometimes there is no sound and friezes

TEST 5 -BS

Uninstall iCue - install CorsairLink4 (all version) -BS

VT-X -off, VT-D -off

Edited by Rudzik

How do you get into the beta group ? Be nice to test it to see if it works.

Idk, there are no on paper requirements, but its mostly if you get recommended by a lot of people already in the group. James is at PAX West rn so once he's back im sure he'll want to send some of yall builds to test.

I have had issues with black scenes similar to the majority of the previous posters. Sound remains on, fans switch to default, hard toggle reset required. I have been following this thread for weeks and I am looking forward to a fix soon! I'd love to be able to control my colors, macros, and monitor temps again.

If anyone has news about the v3.7 beta, please post.

I would also be willing to run builds/betas if another test dummy is needed.

Hi all, PM me an email if you have this issue. As an update, we have a test build to share with everyone to see if its truly related to CPUID.

Well share the test build then James ! :D: Sat here with high CPU's temps cause its not following the cpu for temps anymore with no CPUID SDK :D: