Corsair Community

Top dust screen on 750D

Skittzo

My liquid cooler is mounted at the top of the 750D with the fans set to blow air through the radiator and out of the case. Is it recommended to not use the magnetic dust screen since it isn't being used as an intake or does it matter?

Thanks

• Corsair Employee

I would rather have those fans as push, have fresh air push through the rad as oppose to pushing warm air though the rad.

But to answer your question, I don't it'll make a huge difference having the filter on top or without. It is there to prevent dust going into your system if you have the fans set up on top as intake.

I used to run my 750D without the filter when I had a water cooler in the top as exhaust and it was fine, my advice, try it and see how much difference it makes to your temps. That said, I now run my 900D with the top panel (filter) on and it doesn't seem to make my temps much/any worse.

• 5 months later...
I noticed the Corsair H60 cooler installation instructions advice pushing hot interior air thru the rad by mounting the rad to the rear of the case, imagine that in ones vehicle, it just does not make sense to me.

• Corsair Employee

Securtek

You can mount the radiator or fan either way, it's totally up to the user how they want to configure their case airflow.

Also, I'm not sure you have noticed, but you have responded to 2 old threads now.

Archived