Corsair Community

Corsair HD and SP RGB fans and ASUS Aura

sensa47

I'm preparing to make a build log for a new 7700 Kaby lake build running the Z270E ASUS with ASUS Aura RGB headers. They are standard RGB 5050 4-pin connections (+12v, R G B) and I'd like to integrate the Corsair RGB fans with the ASUS headers so I have one universal place to set all the lighting for the build. Is there any kind of adapter that either Corsair offers or 3rd party that can use these fans in this method?

thanks in advance - SENSA

Sure would be nice of they did. As far as I know, there is no way to control the RGB fans from s/w, only hardware. I bought the Crystal 460x case, and extra fans, and there is no way to match them to the aura controller that came with my Asus m/b. Looking forward to other comments.

The Aura system is strip-addressing (Uses 12 volt PWM for the RGB channels on the whole strip). The HD120 RGB has 5V WS2812 Individually-Addressable LEDs and default to "Three buttons, seven modes" control. The SP120RGB has Fan-Addressable UCS1903 IIRC. Both of these are digitally-programmed 5V LEDs that are happily quite fried by Aura headers.

You can get the Lighting Node Pro to get some (questionable) control from Corsair Link 4.

You can use an Arduino to get some full control based on writing your own controller or using one of the pre-written ones. I wrote my own controller and made it one of the pre-written ones before LNP existed. Works very nicely. Still in progress though.

You could potentially use an AVR to decipher the 12V PWM from the Aura header and translate it into digital data signal, but I personally wouldn't try.

Archived