Corsair Community

M95 tracking/calibration problem?

KayAndroid

Hey guys :).

I ordered the Corsair Vengeance M95 off of NCIX.ca, and it arrived in the mail yesterday.

I plugged it into a USB 2.0 port just like the instructions told me to, and then I installed the firmware, and then the latest driver.

Everything is detected properly, but the problem I'm having is that my cursor doesn't move the way it's supposed to! I can't make circles, or even predict where my cursor is going because of the way it's acting :(.

Is this a software issue? Is my hardware defective? I've read multiple posts here in this forum, but all of them seem to me macro/button related, and my problem is with tracking :(.

I was really looking forward to using this mouse for gaming, and I'm kind of disappointed and desperate right now!

Any help would be greatly appreciated :).

Reflash the firmware and see if that helps.

If possible, try the mouse on another computer. Does it do the same thing or does it work fine?

If it does the same thing, contact your seller and ask if they can replace the mouse for you. If not, request an RMA to replace the mouse.

Thanks for replying again, Toasted.

I've reflashed the firmware, and it's still acting up on this computer :(>

However, I did just try it on another computer, and it was tracking fine! I didn't get a chance to install the firmware or driver onto this other computer, but I feel like everything was working the way it should :o.

The motherboard isn't listed, but I'm using a Samsung Series 5 laptop with Windows 8 (64 bit). (For now)

My BIOS updates on it's own, but I'm not sure when, and I'm not sure if I have the latest update.

Turning off Pointer Precision has made it more twitch a little more than it used to, but it's still highly unpredictable :(.

Does the touchpad disable when you plug the mouse in?

Have you tried disabling it to see if the issue stops?

if that doesn't help i'd suggest you contact Samsung and ask if there are any known issues with the mouse as it works fine on another computer.

I've tried disabling the touchpad myself, and it doesn't solve anything :(.

I've also contacted Samsung, and they didn't have any answers for me either.

Since the mouse works on every other system I've tried it on... I think I'm just going to keep it in it's packaging, and use it when my new system is built :).

Thank you so much for all of your time Toasted :).

Archived