Corsair Community

iCue Max LEDs Per Header

Gamer217

I have been working on prototyping cuttable LED strips to work with the commander pro and just got my first small prototype to work. I was wondering what is the largest number of leds that one lighting channel can support through the iCue software? Power won't be an issue as I have it supplied via Molex. I am looking to try to get at least 106 leds per channel.

Just saw your rgb faq. With a 60 led limit using strips on the commander pro looks like my best bet may be to add a lighting node pro to increase my available channels from 2 to 4. My rgb devices are as follows.

6x Addressable 30 led strips for rgb fan frames

10x Addressable 2 led strips for rgb rings next to each water cooling fitting

2x Addressable 3 led strips for the cpu and gpu water block

1x Addressable 6 led strip for the resivor.

All devices modified from their original 3 pin setup to a 4 pin setup with the extra pin allowing a data out to be returned. Then using my own hub they data out is directed to the data in of the next device while supplying Molex power.

So if I can only do 60 via strips as strips will be easier to address then it should be rings, res, waterblocks on one hub and then 3 hubs supporting 2 rgb farms each.

Since you are duplicating the signal, you can daisy chain as many of them as you have power for.

Personally ... I have 3 Corsair RGB LED Fan Hubs daisy chained off of a single Lighting Channel. Each of the Fan Hubs is running 6 Corsair Strips. So ... yeah ... that's a total of 36 strips running off of a single Lighting channel. Like you, I made a 4pin to 3 pin adapter that jumps pins 2 and 3 to simply duplicate that signal. Works like a charm. The only downside, depending on your viewpoint, of course, is that each line of 60 LEDs is the same. But ... that works for me.