Corsair Community

iCUE v3.17.94 caused sound to stop working!

Loggos

I updated my ICUE to v3.17.94 and after doing so my headset no longer works. I have uninstalled the drivers and ICUE software, rebooted and reinstalled the older 3.16 and still they will not work.

I then went into device manager and manually uninstalled the drivers and used windows drivers. Still they will not work. I have tried all USB ports on my computer and still no joy. I then took the headset to a second computer and all is fine.

So somehow these new ICUE drivers have fubar'd something in my OS. I will likely have to reinstall my OS which is a huge pain. You might want to look into this problem. I can't be the only person who will run into this problem.

I did a restore of my OS and the headphones worked again. But as soon as I installed the ICUE software, going back to the 3.16.56 the same problem happened again. The first time I was using older Nvidia drivers with the new 3.14, as I had not opted to update them. This time I was using up to date Nvidia drivers and the older 3.16.56 ICUE and the same issue happened.

I had the same issue.

I updated ICUE to the latest version 3.17. After restarting my PC it completely disabled my corsair headset. Had no sound, even when I tried testing it in sound properties an error popped up "Failed to initialize test sound" I've never even seen that before.

I had to make windows forget the device and reconnect it to get sound back. But then it only played in stereo. After numerous uninstalls/reinstalls of ICUE, I fixed that issue. But now, none of the EQ settings work.

I've uninstalled, used CCCleaner, reinstalled. Nothing. I've rolled back to an older version. Nothing. I've force updated the firmware, Nothing. I've uninstalled and used Revo Uninstaller to scorch anything Corsair related on my PC. Nothing. I even completely removed anything Realtek audio related. I updated Windows too just to piss myself off even more.

Everything sounds muffled and tinny.

Right now I've uninstalled it again, cleaned everything, and updated NVIDIA drivers and will see if after a restart and fresh install things change. I've also put in a ticket to CORSAIR 2 days ago.

So updated NVIDIA drivers, uninstalled/Cleaned ICUE. Restarted. Reinstalled ICUE to 3.16. Restarted again. No changes. EQ settings in ICUE do nothing, I can bring the sliders all the way down or all the way up or anywhere in between. Changes nothing in audio. This is really pissing me off. Everything was working fine before the 3.17 update. And now it has seriously broken something on my end.

So, I finally managed to fix the EQ settings...and I'm just speechless.

I went into settings for Windows, Bluetooth & Other Devices, Click on Corsair VOID Pro USB Gaming Headset and clicked "Remove Device" After it was finished, I unplugged it and plugged it back in and when it started, the sound was noticeably different. I messed with the EQ sliders and could hear my sound levels change as I did. I then imported my saved profile with my custom EQ settings and sound is back to the way it was 3 days ago...

This isn't the first time I've had to pull teeth to get ICUE and CUE to behave properly, why does this software have to be such a pain sometimes?

I'm not going through all that headache. I'm just not installing the ICUE software ever again. I get perfectly fine stereo sound without it and couldn't care less about the EQ, or the "Surround" sound it emulates. I just want them to work, period. And I have had too many issues with ICUE to even care anymore. I wont be buying Corsair headsets anymore that's for sure. Not while they still use this broken and useless junk they call software.

Yeah same problem also, i cleaned installed pc to the 1903 version. Sound dissapeard from headset when installing iCUE. Tested also with the version of iCUE i used still no sound. Maybe a bug with 1903 version of win10 and iCUE? Hope they fix it.

yep, no voice prompts on void usb, uninstalled, now no more audio.

I'll have some repairing to do again.

Thx for just another **** UP Corsair. Still in business i see, what a shame really.

Pack up and go home losers.

And it ain't so simple as just removing device and replugging either.

Edited by cplifj

Thx for just another **** UP Corsair. Still in business i see, what a shame really.

Pack up and go home losers.

I doubt anyone would disagree with me when I say this, I am as much or more disappointed in Corsair as of late, than probably most anyone on the forums. And while I am fully on board with being hard on them, that was a bit over the top. I don't like what has been happening anymore than the next person, but I will give them this, they solved my issue(s), still not sure WTF happened, and it only took me switching to Intel instead of AMD. Be hard on them but try not to be personal.

I do hope you get it resolved though.

And while I am fully on board with being hard on them, that was a bit over the top.

Over the top or not at this point does it really matter? How long has ICUE been out and being developed by Corsair? They still can't manage to launch a version without huge issues that cause systematic problems. You have to wonder if they even give a darn at this point. Maybe they should had stuck to what they know best. I have always been a hardcore defender and advocate of Corsair ram. But at this point I can only facepalm and laugh at their attempts to make anything else.

Edited by Loggos

So i give you a Fix. READ

1. Update to newest Version

2. Delete your Headphone driver in Device Manager if your headset is not connected

(Show hidden device)

3. After you delete driver without driver software in device manager, then reconnect Headset

4. after this you can hear all sounds fine

Over the top or not at this point does it really matter? How long has ICUE been out and being developed by Corsair? They still can't manage to launch a version without huge issues that cause systematic problems. You have to wonder if they even give a darn at this point. Maybe they should had stuck to what they know best. I have always been a hardcore defender and advocate of Corsair ram. But at this point I can only facepalm and laugh at their attempts to make anything else.

It matters, direct the anger at the people in charge as well as the "beta team" that can't seem to see ANY of these issues until AFTER the launch. Yes there are a lot of system configurations out there but it seems that whatever configs they are testing on are hiding the problem since they don't seem to cover a wider spectrum of the hardware. You want to see systemic failure you shouldn't have to look much further than that. That said there are times to direct at a person. A solution for this would be to get away from the monthly update cycle and go bi-monthly with a more open beta protocol. That way there is more time to identify issues across more hardware and have the time to maybe address them before the next update.

As for how long, yeah not going to argue that one since that is the main problem here. Adding more stuff when things are already FUBARd does not make fixing the problems any easier and likely harder. Priorities are allowed to be shifted which is something the devs there need to learn. But hey, at least it isn't CAM. With that your privacy is only an illusion.

As for the RAM and hardware in general, yeah hear you on the RAM but I am seriously considering not going with Corsair in the next build for the first time in nearly 20 years. As for the hardware, eh hit or miss like with anything. But when the issues prevent the item from working as advertised and sold, then you are right to be pissed. I suggest speaking with the wallet as I am probably going to do in a several years time.

None of that means I won't still call them out when needed. They need it and I have been telling people to research laws involving 'Item Merchantability' in their state. Also utilize the BBB as per a recent experience I found out they actually pay attention to that. Plus for those in the states, specifically those that are "two party consent" states for phone recordings, first if they call you and you are in a one party state (meaning the consenting party is yourself) they can't stop you from recording it. Secondly, and more importantly, when you call THEM and the automated message uses the wording "may be recorded" they have just given you implied permission to record it. And if you want to be covered anyway just jokingly mention you are monitoring and recording the call and sound just like them.

Point I am making here is to keep records and use them when needed. If they promise to call you back and don't, well for me I keep my word and expect others to do the same, when they don't is when I have an issue.

My experience with them recently is something I haven't gone into due to giving my word which will go out the window in another month if they fail to produce something they said they would. The hints of what happened are out there you just need to put them together. Why would *I* spend MORE money on a brand new computer switching back to Intel after just assembling one a couple months prior using AMD?

TL;DR - Take the gloves off.