Corsair Community

H115i fan configuration

xarrek

Hello,

I have H115i with two ML140 fans. I want add two more ML140 fans.

It is safe to split one header from pump to 3 headers and connect all 4 fans to pump unit?

ML140 have current 0.259A and all four give about 1.036A.

H115i have 2A fan controller.

So this is a second ML140 twin pack? Yes, the ML are low current draw fans so it should be well within safe margins. I think I might prefer 2 x 2-way PWM splitters rather than 3 + 1, but it likely does not matter in terms of current. Sometimes you get odd behavior on 3 way splitters and they are cheap enough for it not to matter 1 vs 2. Since the H115i is a single fan channel, it will be one speed for them all.

Hello,

I have H115i with two ML140 fans. I want add two more ML140 fans.

It is safe to split one header from pump to 3 headers and connect all 4 fans to pump unit?

ML140 have current 0.259A and all four give about 1.036A.

H115i have 2A fan controller.

I use the CPU header for the pump and stock fans and CPUOPT for my additional pair of ML 14's, via a 2-way splitter. Note that the twin-pack fans are actually faster than the stock ones, which is a feature that you can make good use of with fan profiles. At least you can on Aorus Z390 mobos. I have the faster pair at the front of the radiator, mounted of the front of my case, with the stock pair at the back of the radiator.

Cooling of my i9-9900K is extremely effective.