Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance Pro dropping only some layers of audio

ArmenBDKN

Hey guys,

I'm not really sure how to explain the problem I'm having with my Corsair Vengeance Pro headset. I have it connected to the Corsair ST100 RGB headset stand, and have my settings set to 7.1 surround mode.

I notice, however, that some layers of audio, usually on the left-hand side, seem to drop in and out. It's like ... let's say the background audio has five different instruments playing - I'll be able to hear four of them constantly, and one of them pops in and out over and over, but without rhyme or reason.

I'm not really sure what would cause this - sometimes I move the cord around and it'll pop back in, and sometimes when I move it around it'll drop a layer of audio. This doesn't happen in stereo mode, only 7.1. But I don't know if it's a cord issue because sometimes I'll sit perfectly still and it'll still drop in and out on one layer of audio without any predictability or reason.

Do I just have a defective headset? The same issue occurs when I plug the headset into the provided USB 3.1 dongle. Thanks in advance!

Archived