Corsair Community

120GB Force 3 has BSOD upon waking from sleep

eliw00d

I recently installed a 120GB Force 3 into my ASUS 1016PT with Windows 7 (32-bit). Everything works fine, but anytime I resume the Netbook from sleep, it starts acting oddly and ends up with a Blue Screen of Death after a minute or so. I turned off the Automatic Restart on System Failures, but the BSOD is completely illegible.

I have been searching all over the place for some kind of remedy, but nothing seems to work. What can I do?

I just wanted to mention that I never had any problems with the previous HDD that this SSD replaced, so maybe it's some strange compatibility issue?

I'm not sure what the BSOD error code is. It's illegible. It's all scrambled for some reason.

The firmware version out of the box is 5.03.

I have the latest drivers, but not sure about the BIOS. I've checked ASUS' website and was not able to find any BIOS updates. I've tried to install ASUS LiveUpdate, but it doesn't work.

I'm not really sure what I should be looking for. I looked under Windows Logs and System and all I could find is an Error and Critical related to an improper shutdown.

What specifically are you looking for WRT these events?

Are there any dump files I could provide that would help?

Sometimes the entries in Event Log provide a clue on to how the computer BSOD.

If the entries list improper shutdown and nothing else then it won't help.

If you have Small memory dumps (256KB) enabled, you can upload them here by attaching it as a zip archive.

They can be found here

C:\Windows\Minidump

I have absolutely the same problem with my Toshiba Satellite A300-15D with Windows 7 x64 installed - recently I've replaced system drive with Corsair Force 3 120Mb SSD.

Firmware version is 5.03

I have latest drivers and BIOS updates installed.

I've found no interesting Event Log entries, and do not remember the exact BSOD error code.

Will re-try to reproduce the problem and memorize the code soon )

I will also attach collected mini-dumps with the next post.

They responded saying, "For this issue, this netbook is unable to support SATA3, it only can support SATA2. If you have installed the SATA2, and it still not work, then please test if will still get the same issue in BIOS."

I was under the assumption that Force 3 was backward compatible?

Archived