Corsair Community

Raid 0 Corsair Force 3 Stuttering and freezing

Hybridz0rz

So i have had and used a single Corsair Force 3 for a while now and just had my storage HDD die on me, so my local hardware supplyers were having a sale on that drive i was already using so i thought, why not get 2 and raid 0 them ?

well eighter way, the first one works like a charm and its a older one on FW 1.3.3. no stutter/freeze issues on that drive, but when i put the other drive in and raided them, there started to be some stuttering and freezes, this is realy ennoying and im ocd on my pc so...

But anyway this pc is the Alienware m17xR3 and the drive that workes just fine is on the marvell 6gb/s port aka port 1

but this pc has the HM67 cougarpoint B3 chipset if that helps.

but the new drive came with Firmware 5.02

the Intel rapid storage software detects failiours on that new drive, its not raid breaking but it sure is what is causing the stuttering and freezing.

the working drive is on 1.3.3 but iv tried to downgrade the new drive and tried to upgrade the old drive, But the software does not get listed in the software so...

any help in getting rid of these stutters and freeze. :)

Is there any way to fix these freezes as its making me mentaly ****ed.

Bios mods? custom drivers ? anything.

but i dont think it is the marvell driver causing the stuttering as that is where the stable SSD is connected to, so its eigther the intel controller or the SSD,

cause the marvell has been driving the stable ssd for 2500 Hours++ without a single bluescreen

but once i poped in the new ssd in the intel controled slot and raided them, the drive slowly started to show these freezes, but its not major freezes its like it hangs for .05 of a sec and makes a 60Hz humming noise while it reloops what ever sounds were going on at the time before it goes back to normal.

but as i said. The rapid storage software detects a SSD fault, no inication for controller fails or skips.

and its also taken the slot speed down to 3Gb/s

attachment.php?attachmentid=11748&stc=1&d=1354373419

attachment.php?attachmentid=11749&stc=1&d=1354373463

308185353_suspectedbrokendrive.thumb.png.a3dc239f1c04f6d0c030ab37198e0c2e.png

1.thumb.png.678d69b56bceeaad08ceeb17ff47f6d2.png

I may have read you wrong. Are you trying to raid 2 drives on different controllers? The working drive appears to be on a SATA3 port and the failed drive is on a SATA2

I've seen controllers stripe a single drive (?) so I know that's possible

I may have read you wrong. Are you trying to raid 2 drives on different controllers? The working drive appears to be on a SATA3 port and the failed drive is on a SATA2

I've seen controllers stripe a single drive (?) so I know that's possible

i can confirm that they are raided together, 120 x 2 raided will be 240 -+ Gigs.

of storage

Archived