Corsair Community

800D hinge pins broken on hot swap bay Door

oneONLYIdonno

Yesterday after cleaning my PC, when I replaced my front face panel the hot swap bay door came flying off when the face panel snapped into place.

I have done this many times and I have no idea what caused the door to fly off this time but, now both plastic hinge pins are messed up (ones broken and the other is badly bent)

The door itself is fine and the hinge pins are very easy to replace so all I need is the two small plastic hinge pins for the hot swap bay door. Any help would be appreciated.:D:

Please use the link on the left and request an RMA and let me know the case number I will see one gets ordered for you.

Thanks RAM GUY, My case number is 4913435.

I need both the top and bottom plastic hinge pins on the the hot swap bay door. So that's two of them (plastic hinge pins).

Anyway thanks again, I appreciate your help.

Well technical support is shipping me out a whole new door free of charge. A little overkill I guess but, in a day and age where most companies error on the side of too little/too late, the speed and competency that Corsair has when taking care of their customers is really refreshing!

Thanks again!

Okay so thats the second link you gave for the Buddaheads. so, i had to dig up more of their music. Definitely like the blues rock genre. Even got my wife to listen to them!.

I've never heard of them before but i really like their stuff.

Sorry Wired i know it's off topic! :)

• Corsair Employee

I am Sorry one&ONLYIdonno for taking this off topic but did we answer your questions?

Personal note!

I have known BB for years great artist good friend and great dinkin buddy (LOL) and love his music ever since I first heard it. Search for Him Youtube lots of stuff there. I am sure if you like those two songs you and your wife will like others Like Still The Rain which was performed by Karen Lovely last year and was nominated for a Grammy. But I still like BB's version best personally! Tattoo Girl and Wish I had everything I want are both off his latest release it is a little more country rock but still great music.

I am Sorry one&ONLYIdonno for taking this off topic but did we answer your questions?

Personal note!

I have known BB for years great artist good friend and great dinkin buddy (LOL) and love his music ever since I first heard it. Search for Him Youtube lots of stuff there. I am sure if you like those two songs you and your wife will like others Like Still The Rain which was performed by Karen Lovely last year and was nominated for a Grammy. But I still like BB's version best personally! Tattoo Girl and Wish I had everything I want are both off his latest release it is a little more country rock but still great music.

Exactly my style of music. Kind of reminds me of the band "Storyville" especially the singers voice.
Don't Make Me Cry I love Texas blues :sunglasse

"BB Chung King still the rain" Great song! I really liked Karen Lovely's version as well but, I couldn't get over how much it sounded like Michelle Shocked's voice coming out of a different face!

• Corsair Employee

:D:So much great music, all over the world. But you know I really miss going to the Jam sessions in Kansas City back in the day. Some of the most inspirational music I remember.

Thanks for the links have heard of them before and I think I have seen them live a time or two but have not seen those Videos but thanks again; love the music.

And did we get the issue resolved with your case one&ONLYIdonno.

"BB Chung King still the rain" Great song! I really liked Karen Lovely's version as well but, I couldn't get over how much it sounded like Michelle Shocked's voice coming out of a different face!

LOL Nice analogy BB will get a kick out of that! :D:

:D:So much great music, all over the world. But you know I really miss going to the Jam sessions in Kansas City back in the day. Some of the most inspirational music I remember.
Your right there is sill allot of good stuff out there although you generally won't find it on the FM radio anymore. The internet has become kind of a two edge sword for these musicians though.

Speaking of "all over the world" two of my favorites from the other side of the world (Australia) are

and
OK now I'll behave.

And did we get the issue resolved with your case one&ONLYIdonno.
Yes you did the package (door) is supposed to arrive Friday.:biggrin: Thanks Again!

I got the hot swap door yesterday all is good.

I've been out in my shop the last few days building a wooden bedroom door and Ive spent quite a few hours listening to BB Chung King & The Buddaheads. I like them. They're well rounded. They even did a rap song that I liked and those two words (rap & like) are two words I never thought I'd use in the same sentence!:laughing:

• Corsair Employee
I got the hot swap door yesterday all is good.

I've been out in my shop the last few days building a wooden bedroom door and Ive spent quite a few hours listening to BB Chung King & The Buddaheads. I like them. They're well rounded. They even did a rap song that I liked and those two words (rap & like) are two words I never thought I'd use in the same sentence

Great news and thanks for letting me know!

LOL! Yea he did a some work in his studio for one of the Rapers in L.A. and ended up on a few of their songs.

I think its

is the song you are talking about! And I totally agree about the only Rap I was ever into was Emenem Shake That. LOL

He did a version of Howlin at the Moon that was out there and I don't think I have ever seen in on line but it was like everything thrown in there. Glad you like it.

• 2 months later...
Yesterday after cleaning my PC, when I replaced my front face panel the hot swap bay door came flying off when the face panel snapped into place.

I have done this many times and I have no idea what caused the door to fly off this time but, now both plastic hinge pins are messed up (ones broken and the other is badly bent)

The door itself is fine and the hinge pins are very easy to replace so all I need is the two small plastic hinge pins for the hot swap bay door. Any help would be appreciated.:D:

umm i have kinda same problem my hdd door wont go back on and to top it off my side panel on the window side the nuts snapped so can any one please please help me :( many thanks chris i did buy this case from a guy like a year or so ago perfect condition he didnt like it so i brought it off him shame realy nice case but i realy need help please CORSAIR and im sorry for my bad spelling im just tierd been lookin and lookin getting no where then i seen this post i hope it still active

Dear grouchy,

I would best suggest you go on the corsair support website http://www.corsair.com/support and request an RMA no. by posting your problem. Once you have done that, you can follow up on the RMA or post the RMA number on the forum, whichever is preferable.

I also suggest you to open a new thread instead of asking your question on this one.

umm i have kinda same problem my hdd door wont go back on and to top it off my side panel on the window side the nuts snapped so can any one please please help me :( many thanks chris i did buy this case from a guy like a year or so ago perfect condition he didnt like it so i brought it off him shame realy nice case but i realy need help please CORSAIR and im sorry for my bad spelling im just tierd been lookin and lookin getting no where then i seen this post i hope it still active

Dear grouchy,

I would best suggest you go on the corsair support website http://www.corsair.com/support and request an RMA no. by posting your problem. Once you have done that, you can follow up on the RMA or post the RMA number on the forum, whichever is preferable.

I also suggest you to open a new thread instead of asking your question on this one.

aight i'll do that sorry it just he kinda has the same problem i had many thanks :)

• 2 years later...

Hello Ram Guy, the hinge pins on my hot swap bay door broke off and need to get either the pins or the door itself replaced. I have been looking to do this for almost 1 year, you have the door on your web site I think for $9 but all the links posted there to purchased one, no one has had one. Thank god I found this post.I've been dealing with a fatal sickness for 2 years now so it was on hold for some time. Can you please help me to get either the pins replaced or the door itself. Just finished installing my new h100i water cooler and it works great, Killer case 800D with window and would look so much better with the door on.

Thank You,

Prostock62

Archived