Corsair Community

How to access the BIOS?

DoomslayerCH

Hi everyone,

Sunday I wanted to format C:\ and set my thumbdrive as 1st boot device. So I reboot and slam DEL during POST in order to get to the BIOS, after 5 failed attempts, I started slamming F8 in order to get to the boot menu. I failed again 5 times.

I repeated the same trials in wired mode, all failed.

I finally unplugged my Logitec USB Keyboard from my office PC, slammed DEL during POST and got to the BIOS on first try.

Does anyone else experience this? If I had the part# at hand I'd have opened a ticket at the support. I'll do so tonight when I get home.

• Corsair Employee
All our keyboards have a BIOS mode for older systems. Depending on what keyboard you have it will either have a polling switch near the cable on the top or you hold F1+Winlock for 10 seconds and let go. THe Scroll lock indicator will blink when it's in BIOS mode.

Ok thank you for this information. I will try this out.

Were are customers supposed to learn this trick? There is no user manual here https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Keyboards/Wireless-mechanical-Gaming-Keyboards/K63-Wireless-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-%E2%80%94-Blue-LED-%E2%80%94-CHERRY%C2%AE-MX-Red/p/CH-9145030-NA

Only the hick start guide and it does not say anything about bios mode.

• 4 weeks later...
All our keyboards have a BIOS mode for older systems. Depending on what keyboard you have it will either have a polling switch near the cable on the top or you hold F1+Winlock for 10 seconds and let go. THe Scroll lock indicator will blink when it's in BIOS mode.

This does nothing for me but open up EDGE. I have a K63 Wireless KB.

Never mind. It worked but it is easier to just plug in a wired plain KB.

Edited by Josey Wales

• 1 year later...