Corsair Community

How do i factory reset the dark core RGB?

With the help of my friend and forum member C-Attack, you have to power off the Core Dark RGB and make sure you're on the 2.4 wireless mode. After you're powered off, press and hold both forward and back buttons and leave them firmly pressed. While still holding the forward and back buttons, power the DCrgb. This will factory restore it along with all three HW profiles. Best of luck.

• 5 months later...
I got a Dark Core SE and it failed to perform and update when setting it up and has been a nightmare since. I am using this on a work computer which I got the IT department to install the software on for me so I can't uninstall and reinstall without bothering them to do it again. I have tried to do a reset of the mouse. I have tried to force the firmware update. It doesn't do anything. The mouse is functional but I don't have any hardware profiles showing in the iCue software at all. The mouse also acts completely different when plugged in wired vs wireless. I am tempted to just return it to best buy where I bought it and set up a new one but not sure if the new one will work properly or not. It seems this mouse is a nightmare for firmware updates and not one of corsairs better mice. Is there anything else I can try before I return this thing? I have contacted corsair and they said to force the update and browse for the update image but I don't even have that option and then when I try a force update the dark core se completely disappears from the settings section of iCue but still shows on the home section so I am so confused with this thing now.

It could also be that the iCUE software isn't running properly with permissions due to your company's settings.

Try using another machine/laptop that isn't locked down to set up the mouse, save to the hardware profile, then use it on the work PC w/o iCUE.

It could also be that the iCUE software isn't running properly with permissions due to your company's settings.

Try using another machine/laptop that isn't locked down to set up the mouse, save to the hardware profile, then use it on the work PC w/o iCUE.

It ended up being the mouse itself. I exchanged it and hooked up the new one today and it actually went through the firmware update correctly and loaded the hardware profiles to the iCue software and functions perfectly now wired or wirelessly.

• 2 years later...
**** me. I'm so sick and tired of this goddamn mouse and it's issues. Updating firmware is like....almost impossible. And with today's latest, now windows is saying it's not recognizing it which leaves it useless and me having to plug in a spare wired mouse to try to update it. But guess what? iQue doesn't recognize it either!! It's like it's not even plugged in! Doesn't show anything on it in iQue. So you geniuses over at iQue what do i do now? Oh yeah, factory reset. Well guess what?! Doesn't do a god damn thing. Never has!! SO WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO CORSAIR?!! Jesus christ, it's mouse. It shouldn't be this difficult.

• 11 months later...

jazer is right. this mouse is nothing but headaches. i love corsair's stuff, my whole tower is a corsair box with lights and stuff everywhere, but this mouse makes life so much more harder than it ever needs to be. it stutters @ 4 ft, bluetooth doesn't let you switch profiles, if it isn't disappearing, disconnects randomly, it shouldn't be this difficult.