Corsair Community

Profiles not loading properly

Hey there,

so I finally want to submit a problem I've had for quite some time now (even before CUE 1.5.80).

The problem is, that my Lava Pool profile doesn't get loaded properly most of the time. Let me explain:

My profile has several layers of effects, an underglow for all keys, a wave effect for every key-row, a gradient for some specific keys, a wave across all keys that goes ontop of all other effects and a type-lighting gradient.

Now when I start CUE, most of the time some of these effects aren't showing. Sometimes no effect other than the underglow and the gradient for the specific keys are showing, sometimes only half of the key-row-waves are showing and sometimes the wave that goes ontop of all other effects shows below the key-row-waves. Which leads me to believe that it is an issue with the layering upon loading the profile.

I have to restart CUE up to a dozen times for it to load the profile properly. It seems to be random as well, sometimes it takes just a couple of restarts and sometimes it works right away.

The problem also persists in the newest version (1.5.108).

Pp

I have a question how does CUE handle which animation over rides another? Is it random if so that could be the underlying issue here.

I thought it was the order of the groups. The far right group goes on top and the far left group goes below. At least that's how it worked for me so far.

That's also why I really want a proper layer system.

• Corsair Employee
I thought it was the order of the groups. The far right group goes on top and the far left group goes below. At least that's how it worked for me so far.

That's also why I really want a proper layer system.

Groups only define the keys for the foreground lighting animation. You can add a "delay" to lighting by incorporating black but otherwise all lighting plays simultaneously together. There isn't a way to set an order of lighting to play like a playlist at the moment.

Groups only define the keys for the foreground lighting animation. You can add a "delay" to lighting by incorporating black but otherwise all lighting plays simultaneously together. There isn't a way to set an order of lighting to play like a playlist at the moment.

That's not what I'm talking about. I want everything to play simultaneously. It's what gets played on top of what that's my concern. Like in an image where you have several layers of stuff and they overlap each other.

Edit: I made a video to make it clearer:

[ame]

[/ame]

• Corsair Employee
That's not what I'm talking about. I want everything to play simultaneously. It's what gets played on top of what that's my concern. Like in an image where you have several layers of stuff and they overlap each other.

Edit: I made a video to make it clearer:

Thanks for the video, I'll pass it along as a bug. Can you also attach the exact version of the lava profile you're using?

I cant get the lava profile loaded at all, well it imports everything but keyboard goes blank. thats with the new firmware

Which version are you using? The profiles attached directly in my thread are for the german layout.

Thanks for the video, I'll pass it along as a bug. Can you also attach the exact version of the lava profile you're using?

I'm using the V2.2

Lava Pool V2.2.prf

• 4 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Powerpuncher, this has been determined it is not a bug. Here is the comment from the dev:

"[The reason] is that all his foreground lightings have 100% intensity and we don't mix them in such case the last lighting started will overwrite previous. Since all his lightings start simulteniously with app start, they are played in random order so it can be different each time he starts CUE."

Their recommendation is to change one of the ALL groups (ALL or xALL 2) to a lower intensity than the other. Upon doing so, your profile works accordingly. I tested this myself by lowering ALL to half intensity.

Their recommendation is to change one of the ALL groups (ALL or xALL 2) to a lower intensity than the other. Upon doing so, your profile works accordingly. I tested this myself by lowering ALL to half intensity.

Thanks a lot, it works now!

But for that exact reason it'd nice if there were some kind of layer system, which I've suggested in several threads already.

Edit: It didn't actually fix it, the problem still persists. I've tried with ALL on brightness 5; xALL on brightness 5; both on 5; and ALL on 7/8, the lines on 9 and xALL on 10. All configurations have the issue. I also tried lowing the intensity of the colors in the effects while leaving brightness on 10, but with no luck.

Archived