Corsair Community

Survivor Usb flash Drive 16gb can't format ..

data145

Hi there ,

I have a Usb Flash Drive ( Corsair Survivor 16gb ) and I use it for several years with no problems ... But a few weeks ago suddenly it say that the drive is Write Protected and I cant format it .. I used all the known solutions ( classic format , dos command-line Diskpart , hp format tool etc.. ) nothing can format the drive :mad: ....

So now I turn to Corsair for help and here is what I want from you .. Can you provide me one of the following :

1) Low level format program for the specific usb flash drive ?

or

2) Firmware update file for the spesific usb flash drive ?

• Corsair Employee
There are no firmware update for the flash drive. Since you have already tried the methods we would normally suggest, it is probably best to replace the unit. Does it give you any kind of error message when you try to format it or does it not show up on the list? You may want to give technical support a call as well.

The flash drive is always identified by the system , but I cannot do anything with it. The only thing I can do is copy the drive's files elsewhere but not vice versa . And yes I do get the one and only error message each time I try to fromat it, which is simply that "the drive is write protected".

• Corsair Employee

We don't have a specific format program for our drives, but we highly recommend the tool below. If you are still not able to regain functionality of the drive, please proceed with a RMA at corsair.force.com.

us.apacer.com/support/download/result/3,8,0,/page/1

With the USB3.0 repair tool I get the error message " Device not found " . I guess am just going to put the drive away . I am not going to RMA for an old 16gb drive, it's not worth the fuss at this point. Thank you anyway for your time .

Archived