Corsair Community

P256 installation in HP EliteBook

Hello, I have a HP EliteBook and am wondering if I can install the P256 SSD internally. HP have welded the OEM hdd into a sled so that it can be screwed into the shell of the laptop itself. I'm guessing the P256 does not come with this part, so it would just be hanging in the internal hdd bay. I would like to avoid this, but can't find anywhere on HPs site to buy an empty sled.

Ideas?

Thanks.

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but we would not be able to answer this, I would suggest calling their support and asking them if your system can have it HDD replaced with a SATA HDD and what you would need to do to replace it.

the caddy it self is the same as any other laptop, caddy just get an screw driver that perfectly fits into the screw head {try not to thread the head of the screw},norm an philips Pointy screw driver should do it) and remove the 4 screws and put your new one on and screw it back in (i just watched the video of that laptop no difference then any other laptop for installing an hdd

uk google HP EliteBook and it was the first link for me, there is an video on there, i have not see your laptop before but the Shock system i have is just an HDD drop protection thats all nothing els (parks the heads when it laptop takes an hit)

if you do not want to do it even thought its only 7 screws take it to an computer shop and have them do it for you (install time 2-3 mins max, loading windows 10-25 mins with HP dvd recovery disk)

make sure you Burn off the recovery dvds before you take the disk out so you can restore windows back onto the SSD (or clone the hdd if you know how to)

i have never seen an HDD welded before it may some or a lot of sticky stuff on the back of it thats keeping it in

as long as you have something els to use as the SSD does not need shock protection as long as its not moving around or Slide out of the connector should be good

Archived