Corsair Community

CMP6GX3M3A1600C8 vs TR3X6G1600C8D ? whats the difference? confused

vvilliamm

CMP6GX3M3A1600C8 vs TR3X6G1600C8D ? whats the difference? confused

i found two.. corsair dominator i dont know.. which one to get....

the cmp 6gx is cheaper.. while the tr3 is more expensive.. confused sigh.

i have a evga sli x58 im planning to get 12gb of these =]

• 5 months later...
Correct. 9 different versions (each is a different IC), and there's no guarantee that identical kits will work together. COULD work fine, but you may have to lower the speed. On the other hand they could be completely incompatible.

• 4 weeks later...

Any way to verify what ICs are on the sticks from Serial numbers or what not? I have Ver2.1 and the kit that I found someone selling are also 2.1 so I am pretty stoked

My kit and the kit in question also both say 09065326 under the bar code.

No that I do not appreciate your advice, but it seems you are employing more of a CYA policy in saying that it may not work. Given that everything (at least externally) between the 2 kits seems to match, do you think it would work? I am not talking overclocking but just regular stock operation.

Given that everything (at least externally) between the 2 kits seems to match, do you think it would work? I am not talking overclocking but just regular stock operation.
Already answered:

...Could work just fine, and certainly has a better chance than different version sticks...

• Corsair Employee
Don't know what you are talking about, there are many users using this memory in fact there are several reviews on this memory that would suggest a little different results. But over clocking beyond spec is hit and miss and a lot of it will depend on the CPU. But if you are filling all six slots you are correct the CPU will not over clock as well. This is normal and not the memory.

Archived