Corsair Community

Commander Pro Question

Viexii

Hi all! I just finished up a new build and ended up having some problems with the fans (my own fault i think), but I wanted to check and make sure my fix should work.

I'm using the crystal series 570x case that comes with 3 SP 120mm already installed on the front. I made the mistake of buying 3 LL 120mm thinking that the hub that comes with the case could control all 6. They all spin, but 1-2 of the LL's don't even light up depending on how i connect them. Did some looking and as far as I can tell I will need the Commander Pro to control the RGB on the LL fans. Question is, if I buy the Commander Pro can i combine the SP's and LL's into it and sync them? Or should I return the LL's and just go with 3 more SP's.

Thanks in advance for any help answering this!

The LL and the SP fans cannot be on the same RGB Fan Hub. Period. They are completely different RGB protocols.

You will need, at least, a Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) and another Fan Hub. The LL fan 3 pack comes with both a NoPro and a fan hub so your best option may be to return the 3 fans that you purchased and get the 3 pack. Otherwise, a CoPro will work but you'll still need another Fan Hub. While you can purchase this separately from the Corsair online shop, it's another US$10.

Okay, thank you for the insight. One more quick question. Since I have the NoPro and an additional hub, if i keep the 3 pre-installed SP fans on the hub that came with the case, and then use the NoPro and the additional hub that came with the 3LL fans keeping 3 SP's in one hub and the 3 LL's in the second hub, could that work? Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this, but it's a huge learning experience for me haha

Archived