Corsair Community

Are any new firmware updates planned for the X series?

Payaso

Now there is a Indilinx Barefoot firmware Version 2142 out, that so it looks like is stable with Trim and GC. Will you release this? I just need to know this because the warranty will run out in December (and if there will no new firmware I'll send the SSD back to the shop I bought it).

• Corsair Employee
I am not permitted to disuse any unreleased products or updates and at this time there is no update planned that I am aware of but the current release is stable and offers both trim and GC support so I do not know there is a need to release a new update. However, should there be a need or an update released we will review the potential Candidates and release it as needed once the release would pass our internal qualification process.

@Ram Guy: I don't understand you, maybee my english isn't good enough...

As far as I now, the current firmware release 2.0 from Corsair does only support Trim no GC.

The firmware 2142 does support Trim and GC.

Do you get this firmware from Indilinx or is your contract with Indilinx obsolete? At last state that, so everyone can deside what to do with the X128 SSD...

Why does it matter? The current Corsair firmware is stable, supports both TRIM and garbage collection.

If you're running windows 7 you don't need (or will use) garbage collection either.

Unless you are actively having problems with your drive due to stability, compatibility, etc there is nothing wrong with it.

With the Corsair X128 and Windows 7 I had some system locks (Computer was for about 3-5 seconds not responsive). I changed the SSD to an other product, since then no hangs anymore. So for me this firmware has definitiv some problems. For me it's not usable with that firmware. And if there will no new firmware I'll send it back to the distributor I bought it, with this reason and I'm quite shure I'll get the cash back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived