Corsair Community

Boot drive not found / Corsair Force GT

gmcooper

New system with 120gb on the Marvel sata controller as boot. Intel controller has (1) drive for programs and (2) drives in raid 1 for data. Have found a few times now that machine is not running in after long idle and appears to have lost boot drive. When I reboot the drive is typically found. I have also one time reseated the sata cable but not yet replaced the cable.

The cable also is concerning as it does not latch on the drive. It just pushes on and could come loose by itself. Looks to be a design issue for the SSD that it has not latch for cable.

So - is the issue that the SSD needs new firmware or try a new sata cable or both? I did just try to update the SSD but after rescan it did not see the drive. Can only assume that I would need to move the drive from Marvel to the Intel sata and remove other drives to install the new updated firmware.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

having the same issue with one of force gt 120's. I have them both in raid 0. I get some hangs here and there when running things off the drive. I come back after leaving it on over night and it lost the drive. took me a while this morning to get it to actualy see the drive. went to upgrade the firmware and it didn't find the drives.

Can't move the SSD to the Intel sata port - tried this initially and due to the fact that I am using raid for the (2) drives - it would not pick up the SSD. Moved the SSD to the Marvel and it is working fine - when it is not getting disconnected by itself on long times idle.

@pennywise

The SSDs are on RAID, The firmware utility wont see the two drives. To update the firmware you would need to plug the two SSDs on a different computer and upgrade the firmware.

@gmcooper

Try updating it on a different computer.

SSD is not part of Raid array. It is used for boot drive.

Moved SSD to a USB drive dock attached to another machine - and while drive is visable - the Corsair software will not detect the drive for the SSD firmware update.

Any help on how to update the firmware? The Corsair software doesn't see it on the main PC - but that that might have been that the drive was connected to the Marvel port on the board?

Drive is lost after long sleep (each night).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Archived