Corsair Community

H50 Noise

Subbieh

Hi there,

I have been searching a while, but I can't find anything that sounds similar to the noise my H50 makes.

I uploaded a MP3 of it to Zippyshare (Youtube quited aftrer 2 secs) where you can hear it.

You can hear it at about 3 seconds and at the end.

Link

The H50 often makes a sounds that is something like: "Kssss-Pop".

What is this?

• Corsair Employee

Try holding the radiator above the pump while its running and gently tap on the pump with your finger. This may force air out of the pump which could be causing the noise. If there is no improvement, and the noise is loud enough to be bothersome, then lets get the unit replaced!

Request an RMA

• 3 weeks later...

Mine sounds like a Radiation detector sitting next to an exposed nuclear plant core. Tried the tapping thing, didn't seem to help. I'm wondering if the pump is somehow overheating?? Usually when I rest it, it will be quiet again for the first 5-10 minutes after I power up the unit?

My CPU temps sit in the low 30s, high 40's when under load, so very happy with the cooling abilities, noise is getting annoying.

Already requested an RMA number, but I'm open to suggestions on how to self-correct rather than sending in another Corsair product.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

So, the issue has been better for a while but it's back again, and even more annoying than before.

For the RMA, do I have to pay for the shipping costs or not?

And is it possible to get money back? Because I see many issue's with the H50 pumps :(

The best thig you dcould do is call the CS line direct and talk to someone there. Either way i'm sure they will do their best to resolve the issue one way or another.

Calling from Europe to the US? No deal :( You don't want to know what it costs me to allready call to a country that is next to mine...

sadly we cannot help you, its a CS issue not a tech support issue and cannot be resolved to your satisfaction on the forums.

skype is just one of many free voip alternatives that wont cost you one cent to use.

but to answer one of your questions, a standard RMA procedure is you pay for shipping to Corsair and they pay shipping back to you.

any other methods or procedures would have to come directly from CS.

btw, have you tried another power source? like directly to the PSU with an adapter? other than air bubbles i wonder if its spinning full speed as designed? im only asking because i didnt see any bit about pump RPM. it should spin at 1400 RPM give or take a few.

fan2 could be your pump but after seeing 19 rpm for a fan i really have little faith in it to tell you the truth. take a look in the bios for hw monitoring and see if its different if you get a chance and please specify what component is on which header.

I checked it out in the BIOS and I got the following values:

CPU Fan: 1018

System Fan: 1350.

I installed them the way Corsair says (I thought it was pump on sys and the cooling fan on fan) it should be.

i'm having a similar problem - my fan is making a whining noise like its bearings have gone. can i get it replaced or can i order a new one? i bought h50-1 just over a year ago.

do i have to return the old one - as that means downtime, or can i get a replacement sent out and then return the old one?

i wouldn't mind a couple of spare screws too, so i can mount another 120mm in a push-pull.

what's the specs of the fan, as i can probably just buy something off-the-shelf easier?

Archived