Corsair Community

Corsair LNP led strips doesn't work

Ignite97

Hi everyone, I just bought a LNP. I've plug my 4 SP120 on it and it works very well but the 4 led strips doesn't light up. :(: I've try a lot of things that I've read on others threads like change the firmware, add one extension cable, change usb port, etc. but It doesn't change anything. Can someone help me please ? :confused:

A couple of questions:

1) What is your power source? I see that you have it configured "outside the computer".

2) Have you tried disconnecting the SP fans and connecting the strips to the port that the SP fans are using (as we know that works)?

3) Have you tried connecting just one strip, rather than all 4?

Some other things to try:

Connect a single strip at a time ... and connect the directly to the NoPro. It's possible that you have a bad wire or strip and it's taking out the rest of the chain. Let's eliminate that variable as well.

Yeah ... check the power between pin 1 and and pin 3. You should be getting +5V between pin 1 (power) and pin 3 (ground).

The fan hubs are self-powered. So if you aren't getting power from the NoPro, the fans will still work but the strips work.

Now ... if you aren't getting powered, we would need to determine if it's the NoPro itself or the connector.

• 2 weeks later...

Set it to DCV, max of 20.

Make sure that the NoPro is powered and turned on. Make sure that the strips are configured in Link.

From there, check the voltage using pins 1 & 3. Pin 1 should be +5V, pin 3 should be ground.

This will tell us if your NoPro is delivering the voltage to the strips. From there, do the same with the extension cable that you are using.

No I don't have power with the extension too sorry :/

I think that I just have to send back the product... Do you think the problem comes from my computer or the product ? If I order a new one after the refund I'm scared to have the same problem :(:

No I don't have power with the extension too sorry :/

I think that I just have to send back the product... Do you think the problem comes from my computer or the product ? If I order a new one after the refund I'm scared to have the same problem :(:

It may just be the cable. Have you tried other extensions? You should have 4 of them.

I've tried all the extension cables, it doesn't change anything. I will return the product :/ Thanks you very much for your help! I just don't know if I will buy another one after the refund if it's to have the same problem :sigh!:

Archived