Corsair Community

Crystal 570x with Commander Pro, LL120 and Kraken x52

LEIP

Hi,

Thank you in advance for reading my post and any suggestions you can offer. I have read the lighting FAQ and a number of posts both on these forums and outside. I think my set-up is fairly new so there isn't much info out there yet. Here goes...

I am trying to figure out how to best wire six LL120s with a Commander Pro, running in conjunction with a Kraken x52 CPU cooler in a Corsair Crystal 570x case.

Here is how I have things wired:

Capture.png

bbcode img

My question - can I do this with the #4 & #5 fans so that the Kraken can control the fan speeds while Commander Pro controls RGB or will CP be confused since no fans are in the #4 & #5 slots.

I am waiting on one more pieces, so I haven't fired up the machine to test on my own but an trying to clean up wiring in the back and tie things down. Didn't want to do this unless I was certain that things would work.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Best,

LEIP

My question - can I do this with the #4 & #5 fans so that the Kraken can control the fan speeds while Commander Pro controls RGB or will CP be confused since no fans are in the #4 & #5 slots.

Hi buddy.... Yeah you can do that :)...

Yes, you can have fans #4 and #5 controlled by the Kraken. The LED control is completely independent of the RGB control.

If you look at my diagram (linked in my sig), you'll see an example of this ... I have 2 HD and 2 LL fans controlled by my cooler.

I am a little concerned about running CAM and Link at the same time. As of the end of January, this was a bit problematic with Commander Pro controlled fans going in and out of Link. The problem is the X52 cannot operate well without CAM. You can take the fans off the cooler, put them on another controller, and not run CAM. However, as soon as your reboot your X52 LED will go to basic white circles, the pump is dynamically adjustable and the default speeds are too low. Tackling it from the other side, the LL fans must have Link running to utilize their light patterns. Without Link, you will be a permanent rainbow. The HD or ML-RGB fans have hardware playback ability and can run their colors without Link. You still might not be able to get the most of the C-Pro until some of the interaction between the two programs is remedied.

@Zolty & @DevBiker - you guys are top notch!!! Thank you for prompt responses and helping me out. DevBiker, this is the second time you have come to my aid. Really appreciate the prompt support.

I finally hit the power button on my rig and it worked!! Had a couple things to move around and forgot to plug one thing in. It took less than 20 min to install windows and be up and running this is butter compared to my old 2500K.

I noticed the LED that lights the Corsair boat in the front is not lit, nor is the power button on the switch (570x). Any ideas for troubleshooting that?

You guys are great, excellent support, appreciate your kindness.

All the best,

LEIP

IIRC, the LEDs on the 570 series cases are configured as SP-RGB fans. They should be plugged in to a fan hub just like an SP-RGB fan. That Fan Hub should have come with the case ... take a look for it and also make sure that it has SATA power going to it. I think the default is to have a push-button controller but you could hook it to a NoPro or CoPro. If you got the multi-pack of LL fans, you should have a NoPro to spare.

I noticed the LED that lights the Corsair boat in the front is not lit, nor is the power button on the switch (570x). Any ideas for troubleshooting that?

if its the None Mirror version of the 570x then the Sails and Power button LED's are powered from the motherboards Power LED or PLED header,, if you have it plugged in.. swop + and - around ;)... to add to this... I end up splitting mine so the power button LED is the HDD activity light ;).. and i also use one of the unused Case RGB control buttons as a Reset ;)....

@Zolty - you were spot on. My mobo had two Power +/- connections, I moved it to the other one and we have light! I'm going to get some pics tomorrow and post the finished product. I just put the glass on today and...wow...its amazing.

Thank you again for your help

LEIP

ps-I like the suggestion of using one of the obsolete light buttons for a reset, I just need to get a connection that is long enough or make my own.

@Zolty - you were spot on. My mobo had two Power +/- connections, I moved it to the other one and we have light! I'm going to get some pics tomorrow and post the finished product. I just put the glass on today and...wow...its amazing.

Thank you again for your help

LEIP

ps-I like the suggestion of using one of the obsolete light buttons for a reset, I just need to get a connection that is long enough or make my own.

No probs dude...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shakmods-Front-Panel-Black-Red-Sleeved-Power-Reset-HDD-LED-Extension-Cable-30cm-/151764699509?hash=item2355e18975

I have used a couple of sets of these to make up cables for the front IO etc..

bQPYv27.jpg

Without further delay I finally have some pics of my new rig. (Sorry for not posting sooner but I obviously had to play with my new toy).

Thank to especially to Zotty and DevBiker for your help.

On the vid card front, I found out that one of my old 660Tis was faulty and was causing crash. I have one 660 running right now but ordered a 1060 that is in the mail.

IMG_1053_Copy.jpg

IMG_1054_Copy.jpg

[ame=https://vimeo.com/260153846]Video of everything in action[/ame] - the LED strips are currently tied to GPU temp to warn me on heat.

Thanks again,

LEIP

• Corsair Employee

Thank to especially to Zotty and DevBiker for your help.

Yeah, those two are amazing! They're doing a great job here on the forums, soon enough, one of them will take my job :D: Good to see that they were able to answer all your questions.

That's a very clean build btw. Would've been a lot sexier with Vengeance RGB memory and maybe a PRO cooler ;): great looking build regardless. As long that you are happy with your build, I'm all for it.

Archived