Corsair Community

Profile won't stay active - Diablo 3

D33pth0u9ht

When playing Diablo 3, the keyboard switches over automatically to the profile that I created for the game. While playing the game, the profile switches back to the profile I use in Win8 as my default when not gaming. The only way to restore the Diablo profile in the game is to alt-tab out of the game and then return to the game.

This is getting old fast and I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I suppose it could be a Diablo issue only, but my Logitech gaming mouse (which also has profiles that switch automatically) does not have this issue.

Other members mentioned having the same issue with other games. CUE at some point must detect another process as the active one and changes profile, when you ALT+TAB it re-register the correct active process.

That's just my opinion but I think it's quite accurate, we'll need a software update to fix it.

• 1 month later...

It happens randomly as far as I have been able to tell. What is interesting is that I use a Logitech g600 mouse and this does not occur with it. The Diablo3 profile remains active even after the keyboard has switched back to default.

I have resorted to assigning a key to switch profiles so that I can switch back to the Diablo profile when it happens in the game. Unfortunately, this turns off automatic switching and the Diablo profile stays active after leaving the game.

A fix for this may be what Logitech appears to have done. When setting up the profile, there is a check box to select "Lock profile when game is running". This seems to work well since I don't have this problem with the mouse, just the keyboard. Also, it still auto-detects when after exiting the game.

Archived