Corsair Community

How to Build a System using the Obsidian 800D Case!

RAM GUY

The ASUS Rampage II Gene is micro-atx for one.

If the hardware that you want/have happens to be smaller than average, that doesn't necessarily mean that you need to buy a small case for it. At one point i had to run a micro-atx rig in a Chieftec Bravo which is larger than the Obsidian. I dont see what's wierd about it.

for a sample video your not going to use a $ 400.00 mobo

It's about the info not about the parts

don't wine, watch ;)

The Gene II micro-ATX mobo used in this demo is just as expensive as most upper-mid range ATX mobo's, so your argument really doesn't hold water. $400 USD mobo's are rare, there's only a scant few.

When it comes to a demo video like this, care should be taken to simulate how the average user (at least the average "enthusiast" end-user) would go about installing their gear into the 800D. I'm sure that "most" enthusiast's will be installing standard ATX boards into the case, so it would only make sense to use one in the demo.

Not that it's a big deal or anything, as the video is still informative and the same logic can be applied to install just about any mobo. Just a bit curious, that's all.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

without watching the videos as I went, I would have struggled a few times, like how to release the front bezel and fill hot swap, so it was very useful, but does everyone have access to a pc while building ?

But why not use a nice tidy modular PSU when the case is designed for one ?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If there are no plans to fix the broken links; then why have the thread at all, then newbs (like myself) wouldn't try to connect to a link that is " 404 " :confused:

But; in any case, I found the YouTube video link for the Obsidian 800D build

If there are no plans to fix the broken links; then why have the thread at all, then newbs (like myself) wouldn't try to connect to a link that is " 404 "
I said it was a known issue, not that there were no plans to fix it.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Lol.. and I though I was the only one.

Me three! :(:

So here is what I'm doing. (On a 700D.)

I keep my system in between a desk and a two-drawer file cabinet. The file cabinet is on the right. So I positioned the case so it is pretty close to the cabinet. Then I put in some bunched up paper towels in between the right side of the case and the file cabinet, so that the case side is "pressed in" flat.

I'm hoping that with the passage of time (:sigh!: ) the wires that are causing the bulge will take a "set" and no longer bulge.

What do you guys all think?

x509

I dont think that is going to work. The PSU cables dont have very much give in them so unless you have a very small bulge, this wont make a difference.

Of course I may be wrong so there is nothing wrong with trying.

Trying something is better than doing nothing in this case. (Ouch. No pun intended!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
To use USB 3.0 in front, the kit has us route usb cables to the rear input ports, making them unusable. Seems to me to be quite the kludge. My MOBO has an extra input (20-1 pin) for USB 3.0. Is there an adapter cable to route them to that input instead? Otherwise, I'm stuck with the ASUS solution, which uses a 3.5 bay front panel, which I'd need to adapt to a 5.25" bay, another kludge!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived