Corsair Community

problem MP500 (240GB) slow speed

asheenlevrai

Hello,

I recently bought a few MP500 (240GB) m.2 PCIe x4 NVMe SSDs for several of our machines at work.

I experience slow performances on 2 machines running Windows10 x64 and based on Asus Prime Z370-A mainboards. I get a couple hundred MBps at best for both write and read (at least 10x less than advertised). The M.2 sockets on the Z370-A are PCIe x4... Should be OK, right?

I get much better results when the SSD is mounted on a PCIe x4 to M.2 adapter card on an Asus Z97-A board (write 1000MBps, read 2200MBps). I use the adapter card since the onboard M.2 socket in the Z97-A is only PCIe x2. This machine is running a patched version of macOS Sierra, not Windows10 so I don't know about the drivers or anything...

I didn't try to use the adapter card on the Z370-a boards, yet...

I suspect I forgot to install some drivers into windows10. However I found nothing relevant on the web pages corresponding to the MP500 or the Z370-A... In addition, Windows doesn't flag any devices as not properly detected.

Maybe a poor BIOS setting? I checked but found nothing (I am not super familiar with every BIOS settings, though...).

Any advice is welcome.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Best,

-a-

Archived