Corsair Community

Graphite Series™ 780T Yellow (CC-9011064-WW) release date?

PsyTech

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Corsair Employee

Rest assured, both of those products are coming.

Initial batches of the yellow 780T showed a color mismatch between the side panel and the body that we just didn't find acceptable, so rather than release a product that doesn't look just right, we elected to postpone the release of that variant to make sure we could get the paint to match properly.

The HG10 is actually due *very* soon. I'm putting the finishing touches on the "how to" installation video right now. It's real, it's in house, and it works.

Rest assured, both of those products are coming.

...we elected to postpone the release of that variant to make sure we could get the paint to match properly.

Generally speaking, how long does it take to properly match the colors? It feels like a month is more than enough time.

• Corsair Employee

You would be surprised.

A list of complications:

- The process has to be economical.

- The process has to be repeatable.

- Paint will slightly change hue depending on the material it's used on.

- The side panel of the 780T is metal; the shroud surrounding it on the case itself is plastic.

- Yellow is actually a very uncommon color for computer hardware.

- Yellow itself is...surprisingly complex.

You would be surprised.

A list of complications:

- The process has to be economical.

- The process has to be repeatable.

- Paint will slightly change hue depending on the material it's used on.

- The side panel of the 780T is metal; the shroud surrounding it on the case itself is plastic.

- Yellow is actually a very uncommon color for computer hardware.

- Yellow itself is...surprisingly complex.

But you guys are still going to release the case in yellow, yes? Will it be released this year or has production been pushed to next year?

Hello again,

Just wanted to ask, if you can be more specific regarding the date? Some of us already bought the product. Retailers are widely selling it in pre-sale, since original release date, and we are still waiting for it. Again, thank you for your time and effort you are giving to us, your customers. :sunglasse

Kindest regards,

PsyTech

Hello again,

Just wanted to ask, if you can be more specific regarding the date? Some of us already bought the product. Retailers are widely selling it in pre-sale, since original release date, and we are still waiting for it. Again, thank you for your time and effort you are giving to us, your customers. :sunglasse

Kindest regards,

PsyTech

Hey PsyTech, if you don't mind, where did you order the case from?

Generally speaking, how long does it take to properly match the colors? It feels like a month is more than enough time.

take notice on new cars that have rubber/plastic bumpers and youll notice on some colors the shade is a bit off color from the cars color itself

the only way to match is to actually use 2 variances of the desired color which in its self is extremely difficult and comes down to a trial and error...

yellow and gold are 2 of the hardest colors to exact when using different types of materials...

• 1 month later...

I also pre-ordered this product. I Pre-ordered it from Amazon.co.uk:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00N9V2YZQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

They said the estimated delivery date is on the 1st of December. I hope they keep to thier word on this... Because I have already bought all the other components, and waiting on this 780T case.

I literally have all the parts on my bedroom floor at the moment, FOR A WHOLE MONTH!

I really need to fit this PC together. The wait is ridiculous!

I contacted Amazon, and they said the release date is on the 12th of December :)

Hope this helps anyone wanting to know

Edit: They pushed the date to 22nd December :(

Edit (20/12/2014): AMAZON HAS CANCELLED MY ORDER.

Come on Corsair... I have £2000 worth of computer parts lying on my bedroom for nearly 3 months now, the only thing awaits is the case.

I wouldn't do this to my customers, why are you doing this to us?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm just an avid corsair customer that has been dying to get my hands on the yellow version of the 780t full tower case. A corsair employee mentioned in the forums that they were aiming for a release before the end of the year. Is this looking like it will still be the case or not? This Christmas would be a whole lot more merry if I could get my hands on it.

Edit: They pushed the date to 22nd December :(

So disappointing.

I've got over 4 grand of PC parts lying here next to me in boxes... since September... with no case to put them in :mad::wtfman::brick:

I wouldn't be making such a big stink about it myself if it weren't for the fact that my entire build is dependent on this particular case.

It's been three months since the excellent video of this case by Hardware Canucks went live. We're no longer talking about a paper launch, but a monumental **** up.

And yes, I have tried contacting three different reps inside Corsair for info before posting here... with no response whatsoever.

And no, I didn't join these forums to vent my anger with a single post - I am a hardware reviewer with a genuine interest in Corsair's products. It's extremely unfortunate that my first comment on these forums has to take such a negative tone.

Corsair - get your act together!!!

I really wish I had an answer for you, but it's good to know there are at least customers clamoring for it.

The issue is that many of us have already spent thousands of dollars on parts to go inside, and even with the most diligent of homework, if those parts don't end up fitting or working for whatever reason, we end up being stuck good money spent because they're long past any return or exchange period.

I've spent over $800 just on water-cooling gear to match the color scheme with fans, fittings and tubing. And that was a recent purchase, weeks after getting the mobo, cpu, ram, SSD and other gear that I would have been mad NOT to purchase given the awesome Black Friday, Cyber Monday and various other "sales" going on.

RIGHT NOW is the best time to be building a PC... and yet I can't... because Corsair cannot ship what it promised it's customers MONTHS AGO.

I really wish I had an answer for you, but it's good to know there are at least customers clamoring for it.

Pre-ordered one of these cases on Amazon for my son for Christmas

It was meant to be shipped this weekend but has now been put back to December 21st - presuming that Amazon manage to get the case from Corsair.

Should we cancel the order and look for an alternative? It would be a shame if he does not have anything to unwrap / build on Christmas Day... :sigh!:

this has been answered by Corsair James to the best that he can,I doubt its as much as Corsair as it is the manufacturers that produce the case.

and agreed its the user that unfortunately are inconvenienced and have to wait...

I see Corsair will be at CES next month.

I'll make a mental note to punch someone when I stop by their suite.

Amazon have just cancelled my order as "Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available"

It's still shown on the Corsair web site but none of the suppliers listed have the case available - some now show it as "Discontinued"

Come on Corsair - what's the true position? Is this case now scrapped?

Archived