Corsair Community

Lighting doesnt work without iCUE

Yazeed

Hello,

2 days ago i got a notification about firmware and iCUE software updates, i went ahead and updated both, since then lighting doesnt work without running iCUE software, i tried to copy the profile to device but it doesnt do anything.

not sure if i recall correctly, but the lightning used to work fine without iCUE after copying the profile to device.

is it a bug or it was like that since the beginning??

Thanks

Hum, that FW version seems really out of date. There might of been some problems with the update server try again. Also the original K70 does not support HW playback

Thanks for replying, this is the latest framework available when i check for updates, also not sure why you say it doesnt support HW playback, it has 3 hard profiles switch and also it used to give rainbow effect whenever i just plug the USB in without the software AFAIR.

one thing i noticed, when putting the PC to sleep, it seems the keyboard gets unregistered and pressing any key doesnt wake up the PC, once i wake it using mouse, it registers again and start working normally with lighting!!

is there a way to revert to older firmware??

EDIT: i reflashed the newest firmware again, created a copy of the profile and saved to device, unplugged the USB and waited for 10 seconds and plugged it back in again, now things are working back again, thanks everyone for taking the time to read and trying to help.

Archived