Corsair Community

115i Platinum vs 115i Pro

JSX

What do you guys think about this? The pump is supposedly slightly quieter. It comes with 2000rpm ML 140 RGB fans this time. The radiator is slightly bigger. The RGB on the block is different than the Pro. (RGB ring instead of a solid RGB ring)

I've heard and seen a pair of 2000rpm ML 140 fans in action and there not quiet at all once ramped up.

The review I read the performance is pretty much identical.

I'm very happy with my 115i Pro. I ended up replacing the fans with RGB 140 ML 1200rpm and it's super quiet. (so pretty much it's operating like the original package but with RGB fans)

The cooler is a bit more efficient and a little better performance than the Pro. The pump header also has the RGB headers for the fans - not sure if this matters to you. And - (folks are gonna blow a vein over this) - you can control the lighting effects when the machine is locked; it has "hardware lighting" support.

Yes, the fans do make more noise when they ramp up. Of course, you can control this with iCue by setting a custom fan curve. Still, at high speed, they are quieter than other fans at that same speed.

Is it a worthwhile upgrade from the H115i Pro? Not sure. From the H115i, definitely. But the value from the Pro - which is also an excellent cooler - is a bit less.

The pump is not going to be quieter. You should not make changes based on that assumption or someone else's perception.

As noted, we appear to be getting ML-PRO RGB fans, with the same motor as the namesake non-RGB series. Hopefully (and surely) those will be available as a standalone product soon.

Clearly the big change is in the pump LEDs. Too bad they couldn't get that done the first time, but if you love looking at the pump, this would be tempting. What I find interesting is the pump and fan combo is now capable of some lighting effects previously limited to LL fans (arc, heartbeat, etc.). I would like to know if we are getting this for the current hardware controllers or if there is a physical limitation that prevents that from working on ML-RGB Quiet fans and/or LNP & C-Pro controllers.

That RGB wiring on the platinum cooler raises another issue. If the two fans on the radiator are tied to the cooler, then how will it integrate with a case full of other ML-RGB fans? Will you be able to alter the sequence? How will it know where in the line my two radiators fans fit? I suspect the answer is it won't and you will need to put those fans on the existing LNP or C-Pro to keep your sequential effects. The Platinum seems like a no brainer for someone just getting into the RGB without other RGB fans. Not clear yet if it will be an asset for those with a case full or how the cooler's RGB controller will react with other Corsair fan types.

I am also running a case full of ML-RGB Quiet and the H115i PRO. I like the new pump LED, but aside from that I am having a hard time seeing any gain. The cold plate appears difference, but I don't need the 1-2C of CPU temp reduction.

c-attack ... the pump is a bit quieter. It's also a completely different pump. It's not an Asetek pump. There's more difference than just some pretty LEDs. The bracket is different too - I like it better and it "feels" more solid than the Asetek bracket. But ... that's not really a critical factor.

The fans are higher speed ML-RGB fans. They have the same speed as the non-RGB ML fans. So yes, there are now high-speed ML-RGB fans. The 140mm fans top out at ~2100RPM. And, AFAIK, they are only available with the Platinum coolers.

On the lighting ... I have a case full of RGB. The wiring is a wash - it works but the fact that it has hardware lighting when nothing else does ... well, I'll just leave that there. I do have my 2 lonely HD fans hooked up to it.

If buying new and the choice is between the 115i Pro and the 115i Plat ... I'd lean towards the Plat. But I do agree that it's not a massive upgrade from the 115i Pro.

c-attack ... the pump is a bit quieter. It's also a completely different pump. It's not an Asetek pump. There's more difference than just some pretty LEDs. The bracket is different too - I like it better and it "feels" more solid than the Asetek bracket. But ... that's not really a critical factor.

I am going to remain a bit skeptical. It's hard to reinvent the wheel and a few of the already published user reviews suggest the opposite on the pump noise, but now I am rather curious as to its origin. Not like our patent happy friends to let a near identical likeness consist of other parts.

I can also confirm that the Platinum's pump is quieter than the Pro's Pump. i have had them side by side.. and indeed in the same case doing the same job..... now all thats left is to hope they drop a 360mm Plat... and/or a 420mm plat!!!!

good review here

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/corsair_h100i_rgb_platinum_and_h115i_rgb_platinum_review/1

• 2 weeks later...
I can also confirm that the Platinum's pump is quieter than the Pro's Pump. i have had them side by side.. and indeed in the same case doing the same job..... now all thats left is to hope they drop a 360mm Plat... and/or a 420mm plat!!!!

good review here

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/corsair_h100i_rgb_platinum_and_h115i_rgb_platinum_review/1

this seems contrary to the couple of threads going around here (and reddit) saying the plat pump is louder than the pro's. which is true?

this seems contrary to the couple of threads going around here (and reddit) saying the plat pump is louder than the pro's. which is true?

Everyone's experience/opinion is different.. mine is always IMHO.... me personally.

i find both to be quiet.. but if i go on the 'I want to hear something mission' and put my head in the case.. which i can do right now with both coolers.. platinum is quieter for me.

what i will add though.. i have the h115i platinum in a 1000d and the h150i pro in the 570x. i have both cases on rubber sound absorption pads as i can pick up on both coolers resonating through the case to the desk. and i would say the platinum resonates at a slightly higher pitch so slightly more audible.. might be down to the desk as other stuff likes to hum on it too lol. its not bad.. its just something i pick up on when the room is silent....

Everyone's experience/opinion is different.. mine is always IMHO.... me personally.

i find both to be quiet.. but if i go on the 'I want to hear something mission' and put my head in the case.. which i can do right now with both coolers.. platinum is quieter for me.

what i will add though.. i have the h115i platinum in a 1000d and the h150i pro in the 570x. i have both cases on rubber sound absorption pads as i can pick up on both coolers resonating through the case to the desk. and i would say the platinum resonates at a slightly higher pitch so slightly more audible.. might be down to the desk as other stuff likes to hum on it too lol. its not bad.. its just something i pick up on when the room is silent....

So in a silent case without putting your head in the case you can already hear the pump?

Only in the same way i could my H80/h80i/h100/h100iv2/h110. a slight resonating through my desk.. really do have to listen for it and most wouldn't notice it. my wife doesn't. but as said.. my desk picks up other devices.. hdd's being the worst..

Only in the same way i could my H80/h80i/h100/h100iv2/h110. a slight resonating through my desk.. really do have to listen for it and most wouldn't notice it. my wife doesn't. but as said.. my desk picks up other devices.. hdd's being the worst..

thx man. what setting do you have on the pump? quiet/extreme

What I noticed when testing noise on both coolers is that the h115i Platinum vibrates a lot stronger than the h115 pro. I am fairly sure that is what causes the higher pump noise on the platinum in some pc cases. In my phanteks evolve for example the platinum was definitely louder than the pro (by quite a big margin), but as soon as I took it out of the system it was pretty similar in noise levels.

What I noticed when testing noise on both coolers is that the h115i Platinum vibrates a lot stronger than the h115 pro. I am fairly sure that is what causes the higher pump noise on the platinum in some pc cases. In my phanteks evolve for example the platinum was definitely louder than the pro (by quite a big margin), but as soon as I took it out of the system it was pretty similar in noise levels.

what do you mean you took it out of the system? did you move it to another case where it was quieter? i took the plunge and have a plat installed in my lianli o11 dynamic. turned off all fans and the net sound didn't bother me so i'm leaving it as it is

The cooler is a bit more efficient and a little better performance than the Pro. The pump header also has the RGB headers for the fans - not sure if this matters to you. And - (folks are gonna blow a vein over this) - you can control the lighting effects when the machine is locked; it has "hardware lighting" support.

Yes, the fans do make more noise when they ramp up. Of course, you can control this with iCue by setting a custom fan curve. Still, at high speed, they are quieter than other fans at that same speed.

Is it a worthwhile upgrade from the H115i Pro? Not sure. From the H115i, definitely. But the value from the Pro - which is also an excellent cooler - is a bit less.

Just a question on how to setup a fan curve using iCUE is it possible? I have not seen anyway to setup a custom fan curve using iCUE ....

Archived