Corsair Community

Force 60 SSD

Carlw

Hi there

I wonder if you can help - just returned from the Uk where I picked a new Corsair Force 60 drive.

I have tried connecting it to both of the motherboard connectors - in both instances the drive is not found. Tried to use the firmware upgrade tool to locate it - not found.

Both are set to ACHI

Any ideas - looks like the drive is dead ??

Also if I have to RMA it - it mentions about PO Boxs - in greece all our mail goes to a village PO Box type system - so what do I do in that instance ?

Thanks

Carl

Thanks for replying

Let me know what else you need to know

I have tried connecting it to various sata ports and used different cables - from drives that are fine!

Any help would be appreciated - As I was really looking forward to seeing the difference it would make to my system.

Many thanks

Carl

Regretably no - show in any bios

Yes - Tried the following combinations so far - Asus AMD System, ASrock AMD, ASrock Intel and my own a Gigabyte Intel. Also, each time tried it on the main sata connectors and the alternative chip sata.

Asus - Amd did not even post with it connected - all the others took a long pause (Approx 30secs) whilst trying to detect and then said no drive attached.

Have you tried using your BIOS to set the controller you're using to regular IDE instead of AHCI(since this takes a specific driver you may or may not have)?

Other than that I would say to try connecting it via USB using an external enclosure or some other form of SATA -> USB connection. You should be able to read from it then and once you can use a program like gparted or any number of others to perform a secure erase of the drive and then you can reattempt to connect it internally and install OS.

Quick note - I have a F60 that is only seen by my BIOS about 1/2 of the time when I reboot. To fix it I just restart the computer(sometimes more than once) and it reads it eventually....pain in the butt, but it is workable.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ram Guy

I received an email for the RMA people on 14-12-10 - saying that they are looking into the problem with my drive. I am still waiting for my drive or any information.

Is there any chance you could look into it for me

Many thanks

Carl

Cheers for that!

However, my question is that I received an email from corsair rma saying that they have my drive and are looking into it - that was the 14-12-10 and I am still waiting to have my drive sent back to me. Is it normal for Corsair to spend a month on an RMA ?

When can I expect to receive it ??

Thanks again

carl

Archived